꒰ ͜͡➸ secret girlfriend

————————

-rain <3

-fluffy angst

-865 words!

- no trigger warnings

————————

"i think you're lying." dew smirked as he watched rain walk around the kitchen. rain rolled his eyes.

"really?" the water ghoul said bluntly, completely fed up with the fire ghoul.

"yeah. i think that you've hooked up with at least one member of the band and you're into someone else." dew grinned. rain stopped dead, looking at dew. the fire ghoul's grin dropped slightly as he noticed how angry rain was becoming, though he couldn't tell if it was just to scare him or not.

"what? am i wrong?" dew said after a moment, testing the waters. rain took a deep breath to control the explosive yelling he wanted to throw at the fire ghoul and stayed quiet for a moment.

"yes. you are." rain said once he had calmed himself enough. dew grinned, taking the non-explosive reaction as a sign to keep going.

"oh, it was swiss, huh? you've totally hooked up with swiss." dew laughed—and rain snapped.

"SHUT UP! you have no fucking clue what you're talking about! stop accusing me of whoring around the band and actually take into account that i can be on my own! and even if i wasn't, it's none of your fucking business!" rain yelled, throwing down the bag of food he was holding and waving his arms around. dew sat there completely caught off guard as the water ghoul yelled at him, a guilty pit in his stomach as rain stormed out.

the band members watched in shock as rain stormed out of the kitchen and went through the common room. anger wasn't a regular look rain had, so seeing him so mad was jarring.

"..rai-?" aether started. "fuck off." rain hissed, though he stopped walking and paused for a moment before turning around.

"i'm sorry. just.. leave me alone. please." rain requested before turning around again and rushing to his room as tears welled in his eyes.

you looked up from your book as rain unlocked his door and hurried in, scrambling to get his helmet off of his head as soon as the door was closed.

you quickly stood up and rushed off, easing rain's hands away from his head and slipping his helmet off.

rain broke down and cried into your shoulder as he hugged you tightly. you hugged your ghoul back, completely caught off guard by his sudden burst of emotion.

it was rare that rain cried like this. it was rare that rain even cried. what had happened?

"rain, hun, what's wrong?" you asked softly. "dew's being a dick." rain whimpered. your eyes widened slightly.

dew was being a dick to rain? since when?

"what did he say?" you asked, guiding rain further into the room. rain sniffled as he climbed into his bed, pulling you down with him.

"he thinks i'm hooking up with swiss or one of the other ghouls. i'm not. i have you." rain cried. "i hate being a secret.. why can't we say anything?" rain sniffled. you frowned as you brushed your fingers through the water ghoul's hair.

"rain.. you're the one who wanted to be secret. is that not what you want anymore?" i asked. rain paused. "i-.. i don't know." rain cried. "why don't you know?" i guided him to come to whatever realization he needed.

"because.. i'm scared that they won't like you. i'm scared that they'll make fun of me. i'm scared that they'll try to break us apart.." rain whispered. "would they do that? they're your best friends, rain." you whispered softly. "but what if-" rain started.

"hey," you mumbled, cutting him off. rain shut his mouth, looking up at you. "they won't say anything, i'm sure of it. what was their reaction when the girls got together?" you asked. rain thought for a moment.

"they were happy for them. i was too. but they've never met you before." rain mumbled. "then they'll have to get used to me real quick, huh?" you smiled. rain fought back a grin as he nodded, though you could easily see his smile.

"i'm ready whenever you are, raindrop.." you whispered, hugging him. rain smiled, hugging you back.

after a minute or two, the hug was broken as rain quickly rolled out of bed, taking you with him. you yelped in surprise and started laughing as rain kept you from falling, holding you close to him as he began walking out of his room.

"we going to say hi?" you asked. rain smiled and nodded, squeezing your hand. you smiled, squeezing rain's hand back and leaning into him.

within moments, rain had pulled you into the entry way of the common room, holding your hand tightly as all the ghouls looked over at you both.

"this is my girlfriend y/n, i'm not hooking up with any of you, and i'm not into any of you like that either—so just... shush." rain spewed out quickly. you smiled, squeezing his hand supportively as you looked around at all the ghouls.

...

"that's one way to prove me wrong." dew stated. "i'm still mad at you." rain glared, walking further into the common room and sitting on a loveseat with you cuddled into him.

_