꒰ ͜͡➸ they catch you self-harming

another very intense chapter—read with caution.

requested by @/terzosgloves with the addition of copia.

i feel the trigger warning is obvious. please, take it seriously. if you've read my other intense angst preference you'll know that i don't really hold back.

there will be gore, there will be tears, and there will be pure sadness. again, read with caution.

—RAIN—

- complete and utter agony.
- he immediately thinks that he's having a bad dream and goes into a slight panic before realizing it's real life.
- then he goes completely neutral.
- and it's terrifying.

rain's tail flicked as he heard a sob from the bathroom. he hurried over to the door, knocking as he called your name softly while opening the wooden blockade.

you looked up at him with a mortified look on your face, your stomach littered with cuts.

rain's breath was knocked out of his body as he stared at the blood seeping from the slashes, a blade in your hand. the water ghoul stumbled back with sudden light-headedness, hoping this was a dream.

but when he stepped on his tail while moving back, the shock of pain shoved him into the shock of reality.

rain's anguished face quickly turned cold as he stepped forward, taking the blade from your hand and snapping it in half before tossing the pieces into the toilet and flushing them away.

"r-rain, i'm sorry.." you whispered as the water ghoul pulled gauze, antibiotic cream, and a rag from the cupboard under the sink. rain silently dampened the rag and turned to you, cleaning up all the blood with his hand gently placed on your waist.

you knew that not getting an answer from him wasn't at all good. rain was normally very reactive to you when you were in pain, so seeing him completely stoic was very startling.

he was quick to cover all your wounds in the cream and then wrap your stomach in gauze, making it impossible for your cuts to get infected.

rain looked up at you after, his striking eyes void of all emotion.

"rain-" you started, but stopped as he shook his head. he turned on his heel and left the bathroom, walking to the closet.

you stayed in the bathroom, giving him a few minutes to do whatever he needed to to before you slowly crept out.

you glanced around the room, finding rain laying in bed on his back, staring up at the ceiling.

you turned off the bathroom light, closing the door before shuffling over to the bed.

rain glanced at you, seeing you looking down at the mattress nervously as you tried to decide if you were going to get in or not.

rain turning on his side brought your attention to him. you looked at the water ghoul, seeing him looking at you with his arm slightly raised, an invitation for you to get in bed.

you sighed in relief, carefully climbing up onto the mattress and settling next to rain. he made sure you were on your back, not running any risks of making your cuts worse. rain rested his head on your shoulder, his arm draped over the area above your cuts, his tail wrapping around your thigh.