꒰ ͜͡➸ nature's ball

————————

-mountain !

-no set placement

-1070 words!

- no trigger
warnings

- requested by
@/mountainfangirl123 !!

————————

"you should always go to parties. especially the ones i throw." terzo grinned at me.

"this isn't a party, terzo. it's a ball for the wolf moon." secondo rolled his eyes as he helped me with the back of my dress. "and she's only going because i promised her a month of lunches from her favorite restaurant." secondo continued. terzo scoffed, rolling over in my bed.

"why don't you like parties?" terzo groaned. i shrugged, "the other siblings of sin aren't that nice to me. whenever i do go to parties i just stand in the corner the whole time." i responded.

"they aren't nice to you?" terzo asked, shooting up so he was sitting instead of laying in my bed. "this has been a thing we've been trying to fix, terzo." secondo grumbled, being as gentle as he could with the jammed zipper.

"why are you wearing green? why can't you wear purple?" terzo asked, standing up from my bed. "satanas, terzo, go! you're being a nuisance." secondo began shoving the third papa out of the room.

i laughed softly, admiring the emerald green dress that went down to my knees, flaring out at my waist.

secondo walked back over, placing his hand on my side and ripping the zipper upward, finally getting it passed the jammed spot.

i stumbled slightly at the force, though secondo was quick to steady me.

"ready, mellitula?" secondo asked. i took a deep breath, nodding after.

copia was on a stage with three ghouls behind him. they had been playing songs from the ghost project, slipping in some others so it didn't seem like marketing.

the three ghouls behind the fourth papa had acoustic guitars, the rest of the band taking a break as they had a small acoustic session.

like i had thought, i had been in the corner, watching everyone else have fun.

i took a deep breath as i tried to swallow all my social anxiety, keeping an eye on the exits to see when i could escape without being noticed.

just as i looked over for what felt like the thousandth time that night, the doorway cleared, giving me an opportunity to leave.

i held back a victorious smile, barely moving to take a step before i was interrupted.

"excuse me," i heard from behind me. i bit my tongue so i wouldn't groan and turned around, seeing a tall ghoul standing there.

"hi," i smiled forcefully. "hello," he smiled back. "i was wondering if you'd like to dance? or take a walk. whatever you'd like." the ghoul asked.

a bit shocked by his offer, i took half a second to reboot before smiling and nodding.

"a walk sounds nice."

"i've seen you around before, you know." the ghoul said, his arms behind his back as we walked along side each other through the gardens. "you have?" i asked, honestly surprised.

i rarely left my room and secondo's office—which were within a hallway of each other. how on earth had this ghoul seen me enough to notice and recognize me at a party?

"mhm." the ghoul hummed, "i mainly see you at night whenever i'm running some errands for copia. you stay up pretty late, huh?" the ghoul smiled. i laughed softly and nodded.

"how does the secondo feel about that?" the ghoul asked. i looked over, raising an eyebrow.

"what does that mean?" i asked. "there's a bond between the two of you, no?" the ghoul looked down at me. "well.. not publicly.. he's just someone i look up to, he took me under his wing." i shrugged. the ghoul hummed, looking back ahead of us.

"what about you?" i asked. "what about me?" the ghoul smirked. "i dunno.. just.. you." i shrugged. the ghoul laughed softly, thinking.

"i'm the drummer in the ghost project, i've been put under copia's reign," the ghoul said. "really? how is that?" i asked. the ghoul shrugged.

"i love playing, i do, i just feel a bit empty sometimes." the ghoul hummed, looking over at me. i nodded. "i get that. sometimes doing what you love can be more draining than fulfilling." i sighed. "exactly." he smiled as we walked by a stained glass window of the ballroom.

the ghoul slowed to a stop as a soft, slow melody began playing. i turned, raising a brow at him.

"do you know how to dance?" the ghoul asked. "secondo's given me lessons." i nodded. the ghoul smiled, grabbing my hand and pulling me close to him.

he began to guide me in a gentle swaying, on hand holding mine, the other on my waist. i smiled softly, turning my head and resting my face on his chest.

"what's your name, flower?" the ghoul asked after a few moments, his voice soft. "y/n," i whispered. the ghoul smiled, gracefully spinning me around before pulling me back to him.

"what's your name?" i countered, looking up at the ghoul. his smile turned into a grin as he moved his hand on my waist up to my jaw, turning us so my face was illuminated by the moon's beams.

"mountain." the ghoul whispered back. i smiled, leaning into his hand and closing my eyes.

mountain kissed my forehead softly, grazing his thumb along my cheekbone as he placed his other hand on my waist. i moved both of my hands to mountain's shoulders as the gentle nighttime air around us made all my nerves and anxiety wash away.

when i opened my eyes, i made eye contact with mountain, who smiled softly at me.

after a few moments, the soft song ended and mountain kissed my forehead again, grabbing my hand and starting back for the entrance of the church.

"we're going back?" i asked. "i have to play soon. i'll find you again after we're done." mountain soothed, brushing his thumb along my knuckles as we stepped into the building.

"i told you i'd find you." mountain smiled as he walked up to me.

ghost had just finished all the songs and both the upper and lower clergy were going out to the woods to welcome in the wolf moon.

"i never doubted you." i grinned, taking mountain's hand as he held it out to me.

mountain brought my hand up to his mouth, kissing my knuckles as we started walking to the woods. i smiled bashfully turning my head away from the him.

_