꒰ ͜͡➸ who confessed first

—RAIN—

- rain is by no means shy, he's just extremely reserved.
- ...
- except when it comes to you and his feelings for you. mention the smallest detail about his feelings and he'll become that shy mamma's boy that you all baby.
- not saying he isn't a mamma's bo- off topic.
- all that said, you confessed first.
- which was extremely difficult.
- you're awkward and he's dense.

"rain." you stated, walking into his room. it had been a month since you were accepted into the ministry and you and rain were almost never separated—which only made your feelings for the water ghoul develop tenfold.

"hm?" rain hummed, looking over from his book.

"i need to talk to you." you said, walking over to him and taking his hand, walking over to his bed and sitting down with him.

you were tired of the sleepless nights you had thinking about rain and how you had actually had feelings for him long before you realized. easily two weeks after meeting, your feelings had begun to develop. but no, you were stupid and didn't realize.

"what.. what's up?" rain asked, looking nervous as he picked at his finger nails. you sighed, burying your face in your hands as you tried to come up with what to say.

this had honestly been way to impulsive.

"y'know that feeling that you get when you just know you've met your person?" you asked, trying to ease yourself into this. "yeah." rain nodded.

good, he's felt it too.. hopefully for me and not some other chick- you cut your thoughts off.

"and you always want to be around them—listen to every word you say—bask in whatever kind of affection they give you?" you rambled slightly. rain nodded slowly. "um.." you mumbled.

"are you okay?" rain asked. you nodded, taking a deep breath to get a hold of yourself.

"look, rain, i've liked you for a long time now. there's no other way to put it." you stated, looking rain in the eye. rain smiled, "i like you too!"

you stared at him, trying to determine if he was being serious or not.

"what?" rain asked, his smile fading. "rain, i like you. like, you're my person, i'm in love with you, i like you." you explained.

rain's jaw dropped, his face lighting up with a furious blush.

"you.. you're serious..?" rain asked. you nodded, preparing yourself to be let down.

rain sat there in shock for a few moments.

"i.. i like yo- i'm in love with you too.." rain whispered, staring you dead in the eye as he pupils dilated dramatically. a smile began to grace your face.

"really?" you asked. rain nodded, starting to smile as well. your small smile turned into a grin as you dove at rain, hugging him tightly. rain laughed, hugging you back and pressing a kiss to your temple as he sighed contently.

you like him.. and he likes you.. how much more perfect can the world get?

—MOUNTAIN—