𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝙰𝚙𝚘𝚕𝚐𝚒𝚎𝚜

It was like popping a bubble of ignorance as I came into the room of my Soulmates. Seeing them all in one place.

I didn't feel overwhelmed however. I felt so tired. They talked back and forth to each other relaxed.

My heart seemed to beat out of my chest as I tried my best to ignore it. My self preservation was kicking in.

How badly I wanted to go numb to everything around me. To block myself from anything that would harm me.

Emotionally or physically. "Lin." Peter mumbled looked at me as he stood across from me.

I couldn't hold it anymore. I sniffled tears running down my face."I'm sorry." I said before hugging him almost knocking him off his feet.

He held me tightly. Like he always did only this time I let him. I didn't complain. I let it happen. Only as he let go I grabbed this face.

I looked at it feeling my heart melt into a puddle at his blue puppy dog eyes. I peppered his face with kisses.

"God I'm sorry." I said this time holding him still. He only gave me a soft kiss. I responded to it.

It was unexpected and our first...but I made me feel as if I breathed him, as a if needed him to live.

And for that moment I did. When we pulled apart I felt my mind go fuzzy."Cara Mia." I said lovestruck.

He laughed making me grin."Thank god you finally kissed and made up." Tony said exasperatedly.

I felt it, my shoulders fall and I could finally enjoy the air around me. The tenseness was gone, but I could still feel his eyes.

I looked back at Steve. He looked at me heartbroken. It seems I didn't even know I had that effect in him.

So I sat next to him on the loveseat. He sighed his crystal blue eyes flooded with guilt.

I knew the more that knew the easier it would be for everyone to find out. It was bound to happen.

I had just reacted crass. Setting a hand in his shoulder I gave him the softest smile I could muster.

"Come on Cap, I know you used to be a pop sickle but you don't have to be so cold." He snorted before wrapping an arm around me.

The tensness melted off his shoulders."She's right, you'll surely melt in this weather." Bucky teased.

I laughed kicking my feet. Everyone began to laugh along with us making me feel better as I leaned back against the soft couch.

Soon we had settled down Tony deciding to turn on a movie, causing everyone to argue over what they wanted to watch.

Steve looked down at me."I still wanna give you a proper apology Darlin." My head moved without my permission.

He seemed to lull me into a feeling of safety. The smile he have me we so pretty. It made blush rush to my cheeks and my hands wobble.

It felt like high school again.