𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝙰𝚌𝚌𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝙶𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚍

I yawned as I came into the lab early knowing no one was working. It was 5am and I couldn't sleep.

So I left home early. Only I hadn't prepared for what I would do when I got there. Sitting at my desk I lean into my hands.

I needed to run it out. Getting up I looked around and then I left wondering around the compound until I found it.

The room they were in. It was red clearance. Which was the highest clearance. I scanned my card holding my breath.

Access granted.

A sigh left me lips before I opened the door and looked around. The lights slowly came on. The room was massive.

Setting my bag down on a hook by the door I put my headphones on and took off my sweater leaving me in leggings and a sports bra.

It was cold but I knew it wouldn't last for long. I got onto the treadmill and steadily turned up the speed.

-

Steve and Bucky came into the hallway confused when the saw the light on. No one said they were gonna use it at 6am.

So when they went to investigate they were surprised at what they found. Elinore trading strike for strike on a punching bag.

It swung at her strength as she kept going. Her form reminded them of how shield trained their soldiers.

And old army trick. She leaned forward more with one side, but she put pressure in her other fist.

Eventually she relented. Wiping the sweat off her brow she unwrapped her knuckles. The ghost pain in their hands made sense now.

"Your our soulmate." She froze her back to them. Slowly turning around she looked at them her eyes glowing gold before going to normal.

"Maybe." She said rubbing her arm with her bruised hand. Bucky looked at Steve knowing he didn't like this.

Hiding it. Why?"Why aren't you telling anyone?"She avoided their eyes."I just...want it to be organic not forced I've seen how it plays out if it's forced."

Her heart started to beat faster as her hands shook. "Please don't go around telling everyone alright?"

She said lacing her fingers in attempt to stop the shaking."It's wrong not to tell them, I'm sorry but-"

Tears dripped down her cheeks as she pictured her mothers body cold. Even a soulmate could kill their fated.

Nothing stopped it from happening. What happens if they find out from Steve? Would she be the one laying on the floor?

"Hey, hey its alright we can hold off." Bucky said walking towards her and putting a hand on her shoulder.

She flinched. "I'm sorry." She apologized with a stutter. Bucky already knew what it meant. How she seemed to flinch as the sudden touch.

"You don't have to apologize okay? We're not gonna hurt you." She sniffled her mascara running down her face.

Bucky found himself wanting to take a photo of the pretty girl in front of him. The sweet tears that ran down her face urged him to wipe them.

"We won't, I'm sorry for rushing you." Steve said his apology falling on deaf ears. They both could hear how fast her heart was beating.

Then her phone rang she took it from her pocket and saw the name. Sniffling she breathed."Hello, Peter are you alright?"

"You need me down at the lab?" She sniffled her throat burning as she kept her tears back."I-Ill be right there."

She said before hanging up."Sorry." She said again before hurrying out sloppily wiping her tears as she tried to calm down.