𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝙲𝚘𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚎

The scent of coffee and alcohol cleaner assaulted her nose as she walked into the lab setting.

Six workers moved around all doing different things. All of them were scientists. One looked at her before walking over and shoving a list onto her chest.

"These are what we need, your desks over there not that you'll be using it much." He said with a scoff before walking away.

Despite her best efforts she made a face at his sour attitude,looking at the note pad that was so rudeley shoved into her chest, she noticed there were tasks scribbled on it reaching the bottom.

Looking at the one in bold she decided to do that first.

Coffe.

She supposed it would be found in the pot that was tucked on a shelf. Only it was empty. So she went over and grabbed it unplugging the empty machine.

"That ones broken you need to grab it from the break room on floor 55." A man said hurriedly as he went back to the white board he wrote on.

There was no chance she was gonna run back and forth for coffee. She would have to fix it. Walking out of the room she went to the elevator.

Balancing the coffee machine in the crook of her left arm she used her right hand to grab her key card scanning it on the elevator pad,

When the doors opened she got in wobbly with the heavy coffeemaker. Touching 55 she loudly exhaled as it went glad she didn't have to scan her card again.

One thought seemed to cross her mind. Why did that man treat her so rudely? And why the hell was there a broken coffee machine in a science lab and no one went to fix it?

We're they so lazy they would rather tell others todo it? When the doors opened she felt the weight pressing against her sweater covered arms.

As she held it she tried her best to not drop it, glad she could see the break room sign close to we're she was.

Opening the door with her foot she sat it on the counter. Huffing out she dug through her purse taking out some basic tools to fix it.

This was gonna take a minute.

When she had finished ten minutes had past and she was grabbing what she needed glad to find a box so she didnt need to struggle so much.

Deciding to get the rest of the food items on the list while she was in there she took a little more time to find them . Eventually making it back to the lab.

Barely being able to see over the box she carried the scientists looked at skin anger directed at her.

"What took you so long we're running on E." She huffed out feeling unappreciated. "I fixed the coffee machine-"

"No one asked you todo that. Maybe if you had just done what you were told it wouldn't have affected our work which is more important than you."

It was the same man.

Lin tried her best to smile as she was berated before the box was harshly grabbed from her. What had she signed up for?