Chapter 68: The spark of something more?

(Second person POV)

Aimlessly wandering through the corridor again with no destination in your cluttered mind, you let out a soft sigh, unsure of what to do and where to go. Perhaps you should leave this place and all of Ninjago behind? You could always find a patch of forest to reside in where no one disturbs you.

...But... that doesn't seem like such a good idea... you murmured, unsure why you couldn't find it in yourself to... disappear. It's not like anyone would be affected by your absence, right? The Ninja will do fine without you and Lloyd isn't alone anymore. He has his friends and his uncle, if no one else. Catherine will also be fine. She has all of the staff at the café and doesn't need you around -ཞɛɧɬıɛ ཞɛɧ ɖɛɛŋ ɬ'ŋơɖ ųơყ ,ɬı ʄơ ʂƙơơƖ ɛɧɬ ყც ,ɖŋą

Shaking the thoughts from your head, you let out another exhale, glancing up at the ceiling that felt more suffocating than anything. Perhaps this is what Sensei felt before he too...

With a dry chuckle, you smiled almost tiredly, finding it ironic that the person that brought you the most stability is the one shaking up your world. Well, no matter, you sighed, running a hand through your hair, What should I be doing now? Should I go and apologise to Catherine? But... she probably doesn't want to see me. Plus, what if I lose control again? What if I accidentally lash out again and...

Sucking in a breath through your clenched teeth, you let your arm fall back to your side as you stared out the window, exhausted eyes open but unseeing. Perhaps you should go and spend some time with your other allies to get your mind off of this? Maybe, just maybe, through them, you would be able to gather enough courage to finally spill that swirling ink-like mess of emotions that churned inside you.

...Why not, you murmured to yourself as Koun glanced over at you before looking away again, her face unusually passive, It's not as if I have anything better to do...

Closing your eyes, you activated your Eye of the Void, casting a sweeping gaze at your surroundings before locating a familiar crackling aura that flickered like sparks of electricity. Remembering that it belonged to a certain rather expressive teen, you began following the invisible jolts' beckoning, unthreatened by their fizzing as they danced in the air happily in your presence.

Walking onto the upper deck, your eyes followed the spiritly fog to its owner: Jay who had his back turned to you, tinkering with what appeared to be a new invention he had just created. Seeing him so absorbed in his actions, you pursed your lips, the doubt in your mind resurfacing again. What if they couldn't help you? What if you were just distracting them from doing what they wanted to do? Then this would all be a waste of time...

Before you had the chance to hesitate any longer, a particularly powerful gust of wind swept past you, making you wince in response as you shield your eyes from it with your arm. Through the harsh breeze, you heard what sounded like the electric elemental's yelp as something rustled in tandem with the draught.

Just as you were about to activate your powers to stop the stray gale that had all but barged its way into the previously still atmosphere, the anything-but-gentle zephyr disappeared all on its own as if it had never existed in the first place.

...How odd... you mumbled, eyes glancing around in suspicion, Something so unnatural... that can only be the work of an elemental master... And the only ones who can use it are the wind elemental, me and...

It was me, dumbass, Koun rolls her eyes, giving you an unimpressed look, You're too slow and so damn indecisive! It was giving me a headache!

Ah... you murmur, almost... disappointed that it wasn't your teacher...? But... should you still really be feeling this way at all? It's not like thinking more of him would make him reappear before you... will it...?