Chapter 35: Visions

(Second person POV)

Heading out of your bedroom with Jay (and Koun) following close behind, you make your way into the dining room where everyone had already assembled. "Ah, you two finally came out," Cole remarks, placing down the casserole dish that was covered with a lid on the table, "I got Lloyd to call the two of you out for dinner but I guess you two got caught up in something."

"Is that so?" you murmur, casting a glance at the spot the boy would sit at if he were here in the room. "He didn't call us over."

"Really?" the earth elemental raises an eyebrow, taking his seat to the right of Kai, "Where is he?"

Trying to sit to Zane's right, you stopped when Master Wu gave you a deadpan glance, making you sigh as you moved to the other side of the dinner table. Sitting next to the fire elemental, you put on a neutral expression as the teen in black lifts the lid on your collaborative... masterpiece, a mauve-purple cloud of gas bursting forth as he did so. Much to the displeasure of everyone else, he served up eight bowls, giving you a proud smile as he handed your portion.

Picking up a spoon, you took a sip of the concoction, letting out a surprised hum while the others looked on with disbelief. Even Koun seemed disturbed that you were eating such a thing without so much as a flinch, her aura turning slightly purple with worry. "It could use a little more seasoning," you remark, looking at the brew that was still somehow bubbling without being exposed to heat, "Other than that, it's pretty nice."

"R-really?!" Cole asked, his eyes lighting up with happiness, glad that one of his friends have finally complimented his culinary skills.

At your words, the others took a spoonful of the brew, only to immediately spit it back out, gasping for water.

"W-why would you do that, (y/n)?!" Jay spluttered, downing his cup in an instant before dashing out of the room to the kitchen.

"I knew we shouldn't have trusted you!" Kai screeches, his hair lighting on fire as he ran around the room like a headless chicken with no one able to extinguish the flames as Zane was put out of commission by the concoction alone.

"Then why did you also have some?!" Nya retorted, her eyes welling up with the tears that she refused to shed whilst she fanned her face with her hands, seeming to be on the verge of collapsing like the ice elemental.

Even Master Wu seemed disturbed by the food, his eyes screwed shut as he began meditating, trying with all his might not to get sick. It wasn't working if his pear-green complexion was anything to judge by.

"I-is it really that bad...?" Cole asks with a worried look, glancing in your direction as you eat another spoonful, not fazed in the slightest.

"I don't think so," you answer after swallowing down the mouthful, "Then again, I am one with the poison element so my tastebuds naturally shut down when I ingest something toxic, making me unable to taste whether it is good or bad. Plus, I'm immune to most poisons as my teacher's training was literally hell on earth. He could cook was much worse than this if he wanted to."

Licking the remaining drops of broth off your spoon, you caught sight of Cole's dejected expression as he stared down at the violet-coloured dish, seemingly trying to figure out how things went wrong. "...Perhaps next time, we should take out the recipe before cooking," you remark, putting out the fire on Kai's head as nobody else seemed to be able to do it.

Giving you a grateful smile, the earth elemental murmured "Yeah... maybe..."

Okay, cool, you think to yourself as you eat some more, not wishing for the meal to go to waste, Now then, where's Dart-