Chapter 18: Indulging in vampirism

(Second person POV)

(Time skip - 11 hours)

Despite having a van and the map, it took the two of you quite a while to find the tomb of the Fangpyre. Walking into an unkept cemetery shrouded in the evening mist, you followed closely after Lloyd who held a flashlight and the map, cautiously observing and analysing your surroundings. You were almost certain that if someone were to attack, it would be directed from the back at the boy you were trailing after as he was significantly weaker than you and force you to protect him.

Hearing a wolf howl in the distance, you gently rubbed Dart who seemed uncomfortable with the atmosphere in this graveyard which you understood.

"It's not scary," Lloyd grumbled aloud, unsure of whether he was trying to reassure you (who clearly didn't need it) or himself. "Um... Maybe just a little, but... I like scary, yeah, that's it!" he boasted, looking around him nervously as you didn't reply, just listening in on the boy's rambling. "I'm the son of the Dark Lord! I love the dark!" he proclaimed as he began walking backwards, talking to no one in particular, "I- I eat this stuff for breakfast-" Turning around, the kid let out a loud shriek, almost making Dart leap out of her place around your neck as you winced in pain from your oversensitive ears, ready to protect the boy at a moment's notice.

Sensing no animal auras around you, you reopened your eyes and glanced over at Lloyd in confusion, not sure why he get so scared when there was nobody around. Directing his torchlight to the giant decaying tree that grew in the shape of a two-headed dragon, the boy let out a silent sigh of relief as he replaced the worried look on his face with a smirk as he thought about getting revenge. "I'm gonna make the Hypnobrai pay for betraying me," he declared, looking back down at his map, "I have to find the Fangpyres. If there's anything a snake doesn't like, it's another snake!"

Stopping in front of a giant conifer that had scared him moments prior, Lloyd exclaimed "Here! By the mutated tree! I found it!" Brushing away the thick fog, he boasted to himself "Soon the Serpentine will know who their master is, and it will be I, Lloyd Garmadon and my second in command, (y/n)!" Suddenly, the clouds overhead boomed as lightning struck the earth, making the child yelp in fear as he leapt back, hugging your waist tightly as you stiffened, unsure of what to do.

"It's alright," you murmured, not wanting to scare him any further, "It's just the thunder. You'll be fine and besides, you've got me to protect you if something happens."

Nodding, the boy crouched down over the tomb and pressed a button made of stone when the hatch in front of him opened, releasing a musty smell of dust and earth that made your sensitive nose sting. Along with the odd scent, multiple black blurs leapt out from the giant hole, startling Lloyd and causing him to latch on to your side again as you readied your elemental powers.

Letting out a fierce hiss, one head of the dual-headed serpent snarled "And who...", its 'W's sounded to be a mix between 'V' and 'W'.

"...May I say released us..." the other continued, its voice noticeably higher pitched than the other as it spoke the 'R's with a noticeable trill.

"...From our captivity?" the first head finished, looking from you to the boy who was still holding on to you for safety.

"Uh... Lloyd... I released you to make the Hypnobrai pay for betraying me!" the child answered, gaining more confidence as the sentence went on.

"The Hypnobrai...?" the shriller-voiced of the two heads hissed, looking at the other.

"...Those hypnotizing deceivers..." the deeper pitched head rumbled, sharing a mutual glance with the other.

"It'll be..." they began, turning to face you and Lloyd.

"...Our pleasure..."

"O-oh, good!" the boy grinned, detaching from your waist as he stepped toward the Fangpyre general, "I'll lead the way! Then after that, there's some ninja I want dealt with."