Chapter 28: That's your punishment?!

(Second person POV)

Walking into the control room, you found Nya staring at a large map of Ninjago with the others following close behind. "Last we heard of Pythor, he stole the Map of Dens from Lloyd and is now on his way to open the last two Serpentine tombs," the girl remarked, pointing at certain spots on the illustration.

"Ugh... Don't remind me..." the blond boy muttered remorsefully, stealing glances at your figure, his actions going undetected until Koun pointed it out for you.

"Pythor is our most dangerous threat," Master Wu asserted, "If he finds those tombs before we do, with his intellect and all four tribes unleashed, there's no telling what he'll do..."

"But those tombs could be anywhere! Without the Map of Dens, we might as well throw darts at a map," Jay sighed.

"Good idea," Nya chimed in, holding a green and a red dart in her right hand, "Why don't we?" With that, she tossed the two projectiles at the map, nearly hitting her brother if he hadn't ducked down in time. "These are the two locations of the Hypnobrai and Fangpyre tombs," the female explained, walking back toward the board.

"Show-off," Kai huffed as he made way for his sister, using the same snarky tone he did when talking to you.

Ignoring her older sibling, Nya placed one blue dart on the map, "...And this, is Pythor's tomb. After many hours of ruminating on why the tombs were placed in these three precise locations, I discovered a secret pattern." Holding up a flashlight, she shone it at the board and almost immediately, you recognised the pattern. "If you notice, all three are in line with-"

"...The symbol for serpent..." you mutter subconsciously, accidentally interrupting the girl's explanation, but she didn't seem to mind.

"Right," she beamed.

"Then the last two must be here, and here," you murmur, pointing at two other spots on the map where the sign intersected.

"Oh..." Jay breathed, "You two are so smart..."

Letting out a sigh, Nya grinned "Was there ever any doubt about it?"

"There's little time," Master Wu interjected, "Kai and Jay, you head to the Venomari tomb. Cole and Zane, you take the Constrictai tomb." Pausing for a moment, the man pulled out an odd-shaped flute and handed it to the earth elemental. "And take this. You might need it if you run into Pythor..."

"And (y/n)?" the ice ninja piped up, looking at your unbothered face with hope, "Who will she join, Sensei?"

Looking over at you, the male stroked his beard before remarking "...Remember that punishment she is to receive? Well, her punishment is to work with Kai for a week."

"What?!" the entire group exclaimed, with even you looking at Master Wu as if he had grown two heads.

"My apologies, Master Wu, but Kai and I get along as well as fire and water," you argued, "I fear that I might strangle him during the mission-"

"I wouldn't compare the two of you to fire and water," the old man cut in, "More like Yin and Yang. You could destroy each other or create harmony,"

"Yeah, well, in this case, we're going to be destroying more than each other," the red ninja chimed in, glaring at you more than usual, "We might tear Jay up too,"

"I will ensure that won't happen," you declare, "I have promised Mr and Mrs Walker to ensure Jay's safety, and I intend to keep that promise."

"Perfect. Then I take it that you have no more complaints?" Master Wu asked rhetorically, making you reluctantly nod in silent acquiesce while Kai let out noises of protest under his breath.