Chapter 29: Ah shit... here we go again...

(Second person POV)

Leaping over the acidic swamp and landing right in front of the opened Venomari tomb, the last two members of the ninja team assembled, making you sigh in relief. "Anyone order a little kick butt?!" Cole yelled as the last word of his sentence echoed through the hole in the ground, making Jay snicker despite his circumstance.

"Boo!" Pythor suddenly growled, leaping out of the trench, making the lightning ninja let out a yelp of surprise as you felt your brow furrowing.

So that's his unique ability... you muttered in your head, ready to defend Kai and return the favour, He's able to turn both himself, the things he holds, as well as his aura invisible but, can still be sensed through echolocation as he's still a physical being... That's very similar to how my light element works and I can use this knowledge to my advantage...

Pulling out the sacred flute, Zane began blowing into it, attempting to stupefy the entire group of Serpentine in one go, only for the instrument to be snatched away from him by the Anacondrai.

"Oh, let's not let music ruin things, hm?" the snake smirked as the rest of his allies advanced toward the group, making you grimace.

"This would be a great time for you to wake up, Dart," you hiss under your breath to your dragon who was still sleeping like a stone. Well, I half expected this to happen... you mutter in your head, knowing better than to get in a confrontation with so many enemies and slowly backing away with the rest of the group.

Feeling a foreboding feeling of a warm, hot, singing sensation digging into your skin like thousands of red-hot needles, you swallowed the lump in your throat. Knowing that your foresight ability of your time element had activated upon a whim, you realised that the burning feeling was of acid scraping at your skin. If this goes on, all five of us are going down... you growl internally, scanning the crowd of enemies to see if there was a weak spot in their formation, There're no obvious openings... Guess I'll just have to make one...

Raising your dominant foot and bringing the heel of your boots down on the ground, you created a small earthquake in your vicinity, avoiding hitting the Ninja as they had backed away. The tremor had disrupted the snakes' formation, giving them a small window of escape, which was better than no window. "Go!" you yell, holding off the Venomari general before pushing him off your sword, "I'll follow later!"

"But-" Zane protests, making you glare at him as if to wordlessly say that there was no room for discussion.

"Don't let them escape!" Pythor commanded as his allies gradually recovered from your attack, "Capture the girl and leave the others to their doom!"

Letting out a growl now that your teammates were going to be in danger, you saw through the corner of your eye that the group were about to break through the circle of opponents-

Suddenly, the sound of something heavy falling through the air caught your attention, making you snap your head to see the source of the noise when your opponent hissed "Eyesss up here, girl," before spitting his venom toward you. Using your water element to move the stream of liquid away from your orifices, you felt something slam into the top of your head as a sickening crack echoed through the marshy swamp. 

Feeling multiple eyes land on you, some in horror and others in fear, you look around in confusion as to why both sides had stopped what they were doing to focus on you. You feel something warm and wet seeping down from above. And then suddenly, the stale smell of marsh water turns into iron, and it takes you a while to realise that your blood was flowing down your face. Looking to your sides, you found two halves of a boulder five times the size of your head, a jagged crack splitting it in two as if it had collided with another rock with incredible force-