Chapter 9: The black, the white, and the morally grey

(Second-person POV)

Feeling multiple pairs of eyes trained on your figure, you opened your mouth as if to speak when your neutral expression morphed into an annoyed grimace as the sound of multiple pairs of feet began to echo through the cave. "Did you call your little friends over?" you question, summoning sharp vines to stab the new intruders as you weren't quite done with these ones just yet.

Catching sight of the confused looks your captives shared, you took it that the two groups were not together but of separate powers. Letting out an annoyed click of your tongue, you waited for the arrival of the new force in this power battle as Dart made her way to your side, glaring at the waterfall that was once a crucial part of hiding this cavern, now serving as little more than decoration.

Emerging from the cataract were what appeared to be several tens of skeletons, their crimson eyes glaring into your own. "The Skulkin!" the four teens that you still had as prisoners called out at the same time, leading you to guess that they were well acquainted with this army of bones.

"You there with the hood!" a skeleton with a metal helmet called out, pointing in your direction, "Where is the Void Vanquisher?! Hand it over before things start to get messy!"

"For you or me?" you taunt, trying to buy yourself some time as you hid your weapon in your pocket dimension, waiting for a chance to attack.

"Hah! Your little mind games won't work on us, the Skulkin army! You'll never be able to pry the reason why we're getting the Void Vanquisher from us! Once we get the weapon and give it to Samukai, he'll be able to make Lord Garmadon so strong that he can wield the four Golden Weapons and then allow us to dominate Ninjago with him-"

"Shut it, Nuckal!" the being with the metal helmet yelled, smacking this 'Knuckle' person on the skull, "You're giving us away!" Clearing his throat, he turned his attention back to you and demanded "Hand over the weapon, protector and we'll leave you alone!"

A dry smile on your lips, you bowed and responded as respectfully as you could at that moment "Alright, but you have to leave me alone for a bit since the ritual is complicated and I worry that some of you might get... hurt during the process."

Contemplating your words for a moment, the skeleton nodded, making the crowd part as you headed straight for your teacher's room and shut the door behind you. Letting out a soft sigh, you leaned against the entrance, sliding to the floor as you ran a hand through your hair. Standing up, you began placing everything in the room into your pocket dimension, feeling your body strain with effort as you added more and more things to the space. Once your teacher's bedroom was empty, you headed to his workshop and cleaned it out too, making sure that the enemy would not be able to copy his works.

When you were satisfied, you pulled out the tsurugi sword you had used to fight the intruders a few moments ago and its sword sheath before using the element of form on it. Once it looked the same as the Void Vanquisher, you let out a soft sigh and dripped some ink onto the ground to look as if you did some complicated ritual. Pushing the door open, you pretend to be excessively weary, something that wasn't hard to fake since you felt that way with the weight of everything in your pocket dimension.

Catching sight of the weapon in your hands, the old man that was still trapped in your vines let out a loud gasp "No! If you give the Void Vanquisher to the Skulkin, a great evil shall befall all of Ninjago!"

Hearing this, the skeleton snatched the weapon from your hands and let out a victorious laugh as the human intruders watched on in horror.

"What have you done...?" the man murmured, shaking his head in disbelief, "Kusho... you..."