Chapter 27: Wait, you're a mother now?

(Second person POV)

Removing your Clarity Bell, you decided today you won't need it and walked out onto the upper deck with your sketchbook and a pencil. Today was the day you finally drew the entire Destiny's Bounty. Flipping to a new page, you began drawing down the perspective of someone on the upper deck, looking directly into the control room. Before long, the sound of footsteps caught your attention, making you look up from your pages briefly.

I swear, if it's Kai, I'm gonna be so pissed... Koun muttered, and honestly, you had to agree. The hothead has been especially annoying now that he knew you were going to be punished, pushing all of your buttons every few seconds.

Much to your relief (and the red ninja's safety), Zane emerged from below deck in his pyjamas with a washing basket of clothes, heading straight for the place where the dragon figurehead was attached to the ship.

"Good morning, Zane," you greeted, walking over to see if he needed any help, "Do you need my assistance?"

"Good morning, (y/n)," the male smiled, "Thank you for your offer, but I believe that I'll be alright,"

"I see..." you murmur, deciding to go back to focusing your attention on your drawings.

"So, what brings you up here this fine morning?" he asked, placing down the box of washed clothes.

"I'm just doing a little drawing," you answer, showing the teen the various illustrations you had done using a single grey-lead pencil and an eraser.

"Wow," he beamed, eyes lighting up in pleasant surprise, "You are a very good artist. These drawings are extremely vivid and life-like,"

"Thank you," you reply, giving him a polite smile, "It's the one thing I've been doing the most of since I woke up here,"

Giving you a quizzing look, the ice ninja echoed "Since you woke here? As in the time you woke up on The Bounty today or...?"

"Ah, no, I mean as in when I woke up in Ninjago." Seeing that Zane still didn't understand, you explained "I have no memories of my past. I just... woke up in a forest five years and nine months ago. I managed to stumble upon Kusho Sensei, the original Master of Void, and he decided to make me his disciple. 

I don't remember who my parents are, or any relatives in general, but that's not a problem for me. All I need is my teacher and Dart to be satisfied. But..." Trailing off, you gently gnawed on the inside of your cheek, not having the strength to finish your sentence. But you didn't need to. The implication of your words hung in the air, the silence that followed allowing them to set in harder than they should.

"...I also don't remember my parents," Zane murmured, his voice at a soft volume as he knows that you're sensitive to sound, "So I understand your pain."

Eyes lighting up in surprise that you've found a kindred spirit and a new confined, you blurted out "R-really? I didn't think that I'd meet someone else so... so similar!" Excitedly, you grabbed the male's hand in your own and beamed brightly, a genuine smile blooming on your face. You haven't smiled like this since...

"Oh, sorry," you apologise, letting go of the male's hands as you didn't want to make him feel uncomfortable, "I got lost in the excitement,"

"No, no, it's fine," he replied, giving you another smile, "I haven't seen you this happy before. It's very endea-" Stopping his sentence with a cough, the ninja with a flushed face almost hesitantly murmured "S-so if you encounter any problems in the future... I-I hope you're comfortable enough to talk to me about it,"

Nodding, you respond "Thank you, Zane. I hope that you'll be able to do the same with me. Oh, and, uh, I hope you don't mind if we don't make much physical contact, or at least warn me before you do anything. I'm... not very comfortable with it... And, uh, I can't feel emotions intensely and has next to no sense of humour. I hope it doesn't bother you too much,"