Chunin Exams 4: Exposed Identity

Gaara ran out of the arena with a crazed look and knowing this was the start of Orochimaru's plan, Naruto jumped to Sasuke who was with Kakashi.

He took out a kunai from his pouch and took a defensive stance in front of Sasuke with a serious face.

"Naruto? What're you doing? We need to follow him!"

"No, you need to stay here. I'll protect you."

Hearing Naruto's last sentence made him blush but he shook it away because it wasn't the time for that.

"Why do I need to stay? I can help and you know it." He says urgently.

"It's for your safety, Orochimaru might kidnap you if I leave your side."

"Whos Orochimaru and what do you mean by kidnap?!"

"I'll tell to you later but now,-" Naruto stopped when all of the Konoha shinobi that were fighting in the finals went up the stairs towards them.

Now, all of the rookies, including Gai's team, and their senseis were there.

"What's happening?" Shino asks.

"There's been an invasion." Kurenai sensei responded.

"Shikamaru, can think of a plan?" The former Anbu asked.

He nodded but just before he could put his brain to work, a shinobi from sound ran towards Sasuke who was on the right from the group.

The sound shinobi hid his chakra well and with all the panic and confusion, it was hard to discover him but luckily, Naruto was already in front of Sasuke with his defensive stance so he took the shinobi down with a simple chop in the back of his neck.

He placed the body of the floor with a released sigh.

"That shinobi looked like he is aiming at Sasuke..." Shikamaru observed.

Before he could assume more, a sunshinne appeared in the arena.

After that sunshinne, twenty others followed along.

All heads turned to the twenty-one Anbus that filled the arena.

Naruto's eyes went slightly wide at this. He didn't expect Dragon-sama to appear out in the open.

He looked at him and with his commander's nod for confirmation, Naruto told Kakashi, "I'm leaving Sasuke to you."

After Naruto said that sentence, Shikamaru wondered what he meant but he watched as Naruto sunshinned away.

The undercover Anbu appeared in the arena, surprising everyone but team seven.

The boy knelt down in front of his commander with the other Anbu captains and his head facing the floor.

"Uchiha," Dragon started. "I've seen your skills so I hereby promote you to the rank; Chunin."

"Kitsune, you know what this means."

"Yes," Naruto firmly said without emotion.

"Good."

Then, he began assigning places for the Anbu teams to defend.

He eventually got to the last team, Team Lion.

"Team Lion, you will attack the Ichibi jinchuriki."

"Yes," they said in unison.

"Lion," Dragon-sama addressed.

"Kitsune will take over your rank for this mission, you'll take orders from him, got it?"