Bonding Trip 2: Truth or Dare

Sasuke's POV

Me and Naruto just finished setting up our tents, we were one of the first ones to finish so Naruto decided to have a walk while I went to Shikamaru.

"Hey, Shikamaru, can I ask you something?"

Shikamaru who had just finished setting up his tent with Choji said, "Yeah, what is it?"

"Did you notice anything strange about Naruto recently?"

"Yeah, he was acting strange."

"Mhm, we should ask him what that was about."

He nodded and we walked away from each other when we saw Naruto coming back from his short walk.

The Jonins came soon after with food in their hands.

"We're back my youthful little Genins!"
Gai-sensei shouted.

They handed us the fish they caught and we sat in small group we created.

Everyone sat with someone, even me. I sat next to Shikamaru and Choji but Naruto say alone.

'What's going on with him? He's more social than this.' I thought.

Anyway, we all ate our food quite quickly and everyone became bored after a while of chatting with their friends.

"Why don't we play truth or dare? It is a bonding mission." Tenten said.

We agreed since it was better than staring off into space.

We sat around the campfire some of the Genins and Jonins built and stared the game.

"Truth or dare, Choji?" Ino asked.

I zoned out after that, this was a stupid game kids play that has no meaning. Well, that was what I thought until...

Naruto's POV

"Naruto, truth or dare?" Shikamaru asks.

"Truth."

'This is so boring, I wish we could've done something else, something more productive.' I complained.

I see Shikamaru smirk slightly, 'What is he thinking?' I wondered.

"Okay, why do you act nervous when we mention something about the Kyuubi Festival?"

'I'm an idiot, why did I choose truth!'

"Uhm... it's because..."

Shikamaru's eyes widened slightly. A look of realisation was plastered on his face as he said, "You... you are the jinchuriki of the kyuubi, aren't you."

My head was facing the ground as I nodded, "Yes, I am."

"What's a jinchuriki?" Choji asks.

"Jinchuriki are people who have tailed beasts sealed inside of them, for example, the Kyuubi." Sakura explains.

"Oh,"

They were about to continue but pineapple head had to use his brain.

"So... since you're the Kyuubi jinchuriki and the Kyuubi Festival is about beating up the Kyuubi..." he trailed off after that, knowing he didn't need to continue.

I didn't want to say anything, more like I couldn't. I was too busy thinking about what they'll think about me and the beatings the villagers gave me.

Since no one said anything because of shock, Kakashi said, "They beat him, almost every year, leaving him to die in the alleyways and I was never able to-" his voice cracked.