Chunin Exams 3: The Start of Konoha's Attack

Naruto's POV

I held the demon cat by the scruff of its neck, far away from me so it wouldn't make me get more whiskers.

I sunshinned to the Hokage's office and handed the cat to the daimyo's wife. I happily walked away as the cat got squished to death.

I received my payment and decided to check on Sasuke's training with Kakashi.

When I arrived, I saw Kakashi making a Chidori while Sasuke's eyes turned to a Sharingan.

When they noticed me, Kakashi walked towards me and asked, "Naruto? Why are you here?"

"No reason. I had nothing to do so I'm just checking on Sasuke's training." I said while smiling at Sasuke.

He nodded and returned to Sasuke who was failing to make a Chidori.

I watched them for a couple of hours and finally, a spark managed to appear above duck-butt's hand.

Just before I was going to congratulate him, a sudden pain shot through my arm.

Knowing what it meant, I sunshinned away, leaving a confused Kakashi and Sasuke.

...

There was an hour before the finals takes place and Hokage-sama and Dragon-sama were torturing me.

After my mission first Anbu mission of this month, I kept getting more.

It wasn't like before, where I had a mission almost every few days but instead, I kept getting the same mission!

Though I understand that the village was going to be attacked, it doesn't mean they can give me the same mission over and over again!

To make things worse, the missions were border patrol!

"Stop your rambling kit, I'm trying to sleep!"

'But-'

"I get it, border patrol is the worse but please be quiet! At least for an hour!"

'Okay, okay,' I pouted.

I walked to the locker room in the Anbu base and changed back to my normal clothes.

Then, I decided that it'll be best to arrive to the arena early to scout the area in-case of enemies.

When I got there, there were barely anyone in the seats.

I stayed in the shadows, walking around the perimeter of the arena and when I was done, there wasn't anyone hiding there.

By the time I decided to come out, everyone was there except Sasuke.

I got worried because Orochimaru might've got to him already but I didn't check on him because the proctor was explaining the rules to us.

When he was done, he called for the first pair to start while the others went upstairs to see.

Meanwhile, I went to the training area Sasuke usually goes to.