Chapter 5: I hate being genin!

3rd POV

Team 7 met at a very nice looking bridge near the training grounds. The team were bouncing with excitement, some showing it more than others, because today was their first mission.

A tired looking Kakashi and Naruto were walking to the Hokage's tower with a smiling Sakura and a slightly nervous Sasuke trying to hide it.

Walking into the hokage's tower, a knock could be heard.

"Come in." The village leader said through the door.

The door opened and four people came in. Kakashi, Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura.

"Ah, team 7. I'm guessing you're here to take your first mission?"

"Yes, Hokage-sama." Kakashi said in a professional tone.

"You're first mission is a D-rank." Sarutobi said with a suspiciously mischievous glint in his eyes. "You'll need to catch a cat called Tora."

"It can't be that hard, it's just a cat!" Sakura said, trying to impress the Teme.

Naruto's eyebrows twitched and a couple of Anbu's hidden in the room snickered. Naruto sent them, and the Hokage sharp glares, reminding them why he was an Anbu captain.

...

"Emo in position." Sasuke mumbled, annoyed by his code name made by Kakashi.

"Cherry Blossom in position."

"Kitsune in position."

When they heard their senseis signal, they all pounced at the cat.

"Bow on ear confirmed." Our protagonist said.

"Good, let's go back." Kakashi said.

They went back to the Hokage's tower to give the demon cat back to its owner.

The owner was the Daimyo's wife, who immediately strangled the poor cat once it came into her sight.

The next day, unfortunately to team 7, they got another D-rank. This time, their mission was to take care of the kids at the orphanage.

Naruto perked up at this. You see, before he became an Anbu and all that stuff, he lived at the orphanage. Even though the mother of the orphanage didn't like the boy, the other kids did and even looked up to him.

The four stood outside the orphanage, giving a certain blond a sense of nostalgia.

As they entered, the mother greeted the sensei and the two teammates with a happy smile, leaving last with a forced smile and a glare.

She let them in and gave them a tour so they won't get lost.

When they finally finished, they walked to a large area near the entrance where the kids we're playing.

"Naruto-niisan!" One of the kids shouted with glowing eyes, running towards him.

The other kids soon followed, "Long time no see, everyone!" Naruto said showing a real smile he thought had been long gone.

"You know them?" Sakura asked.

"I used to live here when I was younger." Naruto nods as he was now surrounded by kids.

While all this was happening, the mother walked off, not wanting to be near the 'Demon Brat'.

After a while, Naruto wanted to see his old room. No one was occupying it since it was a dusty attic.

Naruto's POV

I opened the creaking door and stepped inside, my two other teammates behind me and a sensei trying to hide his porn from the innocent three year olds.

"Was this really your room, dobe?"

"Of course not!" I said sarcastically, stepping over the creaky floorboard.

My tiny room was a dusty mess with a toothbrush in a cup that was beside my sleeping bag, the sunlight shined through a small sized window behind my only two belongings left in the attic.

"You know, this place is really depressing." Sasuke rolled his eyes. You know it was when the king of all emos says it.

"Was it like this when you lived here?" My green eyed teammate asked.

"Well, it wasn't as dusty."

"Why did you even live in the attic? There must me other rooms available." The both actually sounded concerned, well, a little.

I shook my head.

"No other rooms? Really?"

"Nope." I lied as I was walking out of the room.

Kakashi must've heard our conversation because he gave me a sad smile.

I heard the mother saying dinner was ready, so everyone besides me went to the table.

Instead, I went to the playroom to clean everything up.

When I was at the orphanage, I wasn't allowed to eat with others, so I didn't expect that to change now.

The children took their seat at the table waiting for their food to get placed in front of them.

The team was waiting for Naruto to join but when he was still missing, Bakashi asked, even if he knew the answer already, "Why isn't Naruto here?"

"Why should he?" The mother tilted her head.

"I'll go fine the dobe." Sasuke said as he walked off.

Sasuke's POV

"Dobe, there's food." He said, finally finding Naruto.

"I know." He said. I could smell the cooked food from here and I know Naruto has a better sense of smell then me, so why?

"If so, why aren't you coming to eat?"

"There's no food for me." He said bluntly.

Now that I think of it, there weren't any spare plates when I left...

"Well, that's true..." I said quietly.

'How do I respond to this? Do I leave? What do I do?' I mentally panicked.

"Sasuke-kun! Naruto! The food will get cold! Hurry up!"

Naruto got up and we walked to the dining room as I silently thanked Sakura.

We sat down but Naruto still didn't have his food, I was going to say something when the caretaker gave him his plate with a glare.

For some reason, Naruto looked surprised. Did he expect not to get food? I hope not, I'll get worried if he did.

When we finished our food, we got paid and left. If I'm being honest, I'm getting tired of these D-ranked missions, I want some adrenaline.

A/N
This might be a sasunaru, no promises though! And if it is, please bear with me, I don't know how to write romantic stuff.