Bonding Trip 4: October 10th

'Finally!' I thought. I just finished the report on my S-ranked mission the Hokage sent me.

I would've sent the report to Hokage-sama right away but the thing is, the bird got injured and couldn't fly.

I sighed, I was tired and my body hurts from getting punched, kicked and stabbed.

I looked at the calendar, curios at what day it is since I've forgotten. Big mistake.

I froze. Tomorrow, technically today since it's  twelve o'clock was the 10th of October, my birthday.

I walked backwards, I had to stop thinking about what usually happens this day but I couldn't.

I kept walking until my back hit my empty bed causing it to creak.

It woke up Sasuke as he was sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

"Naruto, are you okay? Did you get hurt on your mission?" A now fully awake Sasuke asks.

It took him a second to see what my teary eyes were staring at and he saw the calendar, he had a look of shock and concern fill his eyes.

"Naruto, you'll be fine, trust me."

I didn't reply.

Sasuke's POV

I walked to a crying Naruto and hugged him. I didn't know what else to do.

I felt bad that he had to go through all that, especially on his birthday. I want to make him as happy as possible as a way to repay for all his sadness.

When Naruto calmed down, he went to his bed to catch up on some sleep.

I was about to do the same but I had to ask one more time, I wanted to confirm that he was okay.

Before I could ask, Naruto said, "Sasuke, can you sleep with me? Just once."

"Sure." I said while smiling.

I got onto his bed and he tightly gripped my shirt while his head was on my chest. He was shaking slightly and it made me think, 'What has he been through?'

I woke up to see messy blond hair in my face. One of my arms became Naruto's pillow and my other was holding his hand. One of Naruto's hand was still gripping my shirt but it was a lot more relaxed and he wasn't shaking anymore.

The blond shinobi opened his eyes and turned bright red when I was the first thing he saw.

A knock could be heard right after, making Naruto scramble out of bed to open the door.

It was Sakura. She said, "The others already got out of bed, we'll be waiting!"

She was about to leave until she saw a little bird's wings twitch.

"Is that a bird?!"

"Uh, yeah." Naruto said.

"Where did you find it?"

"He was stuck on a tree." He said, leaving out the mission Hokage-sama gave him.

"Is he okay?"

"His wings are damaged so he won't be able to fly for a while, it's not that serious though."

"That's good." She said before going to the others.

"We should go now." I told Naruto.

He nodded and we walked in silence to the living room.

"What took you so long?" Asked the Inuzuka.

"Non of your business, mutt."

His companion, Akamaru, growled at me for calling Kiba a mutt.