Land of Waves 2: First Homemade Meal!

We all sat in front of the table, ready to eat. Tsunami placed some food on the table while apologising, "Sorry it there's not much, there isn't a lot of food here in the Wave."

"Don't worry about it!" The jonin sitting next to me said.

I was too busy staring at the food, after all, it is the first time I'll be eating homemade food. It's also the first time I'll be eating in a week.

I was distracted by my thoughts, not listening to Sakura's question about some photo until Tsunami's kid, Inari, slammed his hands on the table.

"You're all gonna die!"

There was silence, we didn't know what to say. Why would we die? We are trained shinobi.

"Gato's going to kill you, why do you keep trying?! You've never felt pain! I bet you live your carefree lives in Konoha with your family! You've never had a day without food, you don't know what it feels like to loose someone!"

I was gritting my teeth, 'Who does this kid think he is?! He's just a spoiled brat who's going through some emo faze!' I thought.

I slammed my hands on the table, not being able to control my anger, I said, "Shut up! What makes you think you know anything about me or my life?"

'I could always control my anger in some way, I've never done this before, what's happening?'

Sakura looked shocked at this, so did Sasuke who looked slightly worried. They were now used to my calm self who doesn't talk much.

Kakashi's been with me before I became an anbu so he knows why I was mad. He tried to calm me down by saying, "Calm down, he doesn't mean it, I'm sure of it!" He says eye smiling.

Kakashi's POV

Though this may look like I was defending Inari, I was actually trying to calm Naruto down before he gets a mental breakdown.

One thing I've learned from being with Naruto for most of his life was that things that remind him of his childhood was bad. What makes things worse was that all of the things Inari has said was most of the terrible things that happened to him.

Luckily, Naruto composed himself and without a word, he walked outside.

I was about to go after him but a onyx eyed Uchiha beat me to it.

"I'll go after him." He says, going out the door.

I got up and excused myself to go to Inari's room because he ran there when Naruto left.

I knocked on his bedroom door. No response. I tried again. Still no response. I tried a couple more times before I gave up and opened the door.

Inari was sitting near the window and holding a photo that was probably his dad.

I sat down next to him, "Hey, Inari, I want to tell you about something." I asked, hoping to make him realise he should be grateful to have what he has now.

I began to explain Naruto's childhood, leaving the confidential stuff like: him being an Anbu, a jinchuriki and who his parents are.

At first, he didn't know what to say, then he started to cry. I tried to comfort him as best as I could by rubbing his back and saying kind words to him.

Sasuke's POV

I ran after Naruto, I don't know where he went but I know he couldn't go far since he just left.

"Naruto!" I tried to call out for him but failed after a while ago f trying.

I stared to walk aimlessly trying my luck. Luck was on my side as I found the recognisable yellow haired boy with blue eyes.

I couldn't stop staring, he was so beautiful under the moonlight. His ocean blue eyes sparkled, making me blush a little.

He turned to me, tilting his head to the side in a questioning manner which made him look adorable, he asked, "Sasuke? What are you doing here?"

"I was trying to find you, dobe." I said, turning away as an attempt to hide my blush.

I glanced at him with the corner of my eye to see his beautiful face once more but quickly diverted them somewhere else because I saw his eyes turned to look at mine.

"You coming?"

He stood up and replied, "Yeah, I am."

We walked in silence to Tazuna's house, not sure on what to say.

Naruto's POV

The raven haired teme walked up to me, saying something about finding me but I was too focused on his pale emotionless face that made my heart skip a beat.

I snapped out of my thoughts and asked, "Sasuke? What are you doing here?"

We talked for a while before he turned his head away, making it look like he was trying to hide something.

'He looks to cute like that!' I thought, quickly sneaking a peak on his blushing face. Wait... why was he blushing?

I looked away once I noticed his eyes were on me.

"You coming?" He asked.

"Yeah, I am."

We entered Tazuna's house to be greeted with Kakashi reading his porn on the couch. 

We walked upstairs to our room that Tsunami gave us and went in to see Sakura already sleeping.

It was around midnight to I should head to bed too.

...

The next day, I woke up to hear something crashing downstairs.

I quickly hurried out of bed while realising I woke up late.

'Kurama, why didn't you wake me up!'

"Hmph! I'm not your alarm clock kit!" He pouted.

'You were in the academy!'

"..."

I ran downstairs to see two thugs. They were holding Tsunami near the front door and Inari was somewhere behind.

Then, she was unconscious and Inari was running towards the thugs.

'Idiot!' I thought as I sunshinned in front of him to fight the two thugs.

I dodged their swords and eventually tied them up.

Before Inari could say anything, I ran to the bridge since Zabuza and his partner would be there by now.

I finally arrived and the first thing I saw horrified me. I saw...

To be continued...