5.11} It's The Final Countdown

☄. *. ⋆ "Stop! You can have the password!" ☄. *. ⋆

✧༺♥༻∞

.·:*¨༺ Y/N's POV ༻¨*:·.

The dinosaurs started running away from the spinosaurus, except for the ones that were under control as they stayed. Since I was still hiding my head on Ben's shoulder, he moved us out of the way to not get hit by the fleeing dinos.

"Where are they going?" Brooklynn asks as I lift my head up.

"They're afraid." Ben answers.

"We gotta help her." Darius tries to run but Luca grabs his waist stopping him.

"There isn't anything we can do, Darius." Luca says upset. Luca then drags Darius as we all run away knowing that they're gonna come after us too.

"Up there!" I say seeing the small platform in the tree. We climb the ladder as Hawkes and the hunters walk right past us with the dinosaurs they're controlling.

We lean back against the tree as I have my head on Ben's shoulder still upset. He keeps his arm around me in comfort.

"If they're willing to kill Big Eatie, what would they do to us to get that password?" Yaz says.

"Oh great." Ben rests his head on top of mine. "So, either we stay and face certain death..."

"Or we leave the island." Brooklynn finishes.

"Brooklynn's right. We have to get to the boat." Darius stands up.

"Really? After everything we've been through? We're just throwing in the towel and leaving the dinosaurs to fend for themselves?" Sammy asks. We all pause in silence before I thought of something.

"Unless... we trick them." I say.

"How would we do that?" Darius asked.

"Energy core malfunction." I say remembering the files.

✧༺♥༻∞

As we're walking through the forest the dome roof turns grey with clouds as it gets extremely cold. I shiver looking up as something hard hits my head. Hale starts falling from the sky as we start running with our arms over our heads.

The spinosaurus roars in front of us, stopping us in our path.

"Split up! We'll meet at the boat!" Darius yells out as we all run in different directions.

Kenji, Darius, Brooklynn and I end up running to the entrance to the sewers. Kenji opens the latch door as we go down into the sewers heading for the energy core. As we're almost there a pteranodon flies right in front of us stopping us from going any further.

"That does not belong in here!" Kenji exclaims as we all run away from the pteranodon. It gets a hold of Brooklynn flying away and past us.

"Brooklynn!" We all yell out trying to grab her. Kenji grabs her hand as he tries to get Brooklynn away from the pteranodon only for him to be slightly dragged along.

"Hang on!" Darius yells as we chase after them.

"We're coming!" I add. They hit the bridge where the pteranodon manages to fall into the water somehow and before Brooklynn ended up joining the extinct bird, Kenji caught her in time.

The pteranodon split them up as Brooklynn was now on the opposite side of us, ruining their small moment from the way they looked at each other.

"Keep going! I'll meet you at the boat!" Brooklynn tells us as she runs to the energy core. I throw a random rock I had at the pteranodon keeping its attention on us as we run.