5.3} Broken Hope

☄. *. ⋆ "Kenj. I don't like this." ☄. *. ⋆

✧༺♥༻∞

.·:*¨༺ Y/N's POV ༻¨*:·.

Kenji and I head to the main room where his date was supposed to be so he can clean up. I decided to help him and try to find ways to cheer him up. "Did you see how they laughed along with my stories?" Kenji says happily.

"Oh, yes. They were also very genuine ones too." I point out making his smile go wider as he straightens up looking proud. "Your stories are always entertaining, Kenj. Of course they enjoyed them." I smile.

"Yours we're too. Wouldn't expect less from a writer." He nudges me. "Always having their full attention. And you said you weren't good at gatherings or party's." He smirks.

"I'm not." I frown. "I was very nervous. Did you see uncle Daniel's face?" I changed the subject. "He looked really proud of you." I told him. Kenji's smile never left his face as his eyes brightened in happiness. I was glad he was happy after the whole date he planned didn't work out.

"I know. Maybe I will finally get to help him out from now on." He says as we're halfway down the hallway.

"Y/N, darling." I turn to see my mum turn the corner from where we had just been.

"I'll meet you in the main room." I tell Kenji who nods, giving me an encouraging thumbs up.

I head over to my mum who hands me one of the book's I was looking at, before she gets me to go to the investor's cocktail party. "The book you were gonna borrow." She hands me the book.

"Thanks." I say looking up at her. She pats my head with a smile on her face.

"You did really well. You and Kenji. Great job." She tells me before leaving after one last pat on my shoulder. I look at the book then back at the main doors where Kenji just entered, before back at the space my mum was.

The hope I had that she's changed became higher as I smiled at her retreating form. I hurry over the doors grabbing the handle about to open it before freezing.

"Darius, Luca, Ben and I found out that... That your dad, Luca's and Y/N's mum freed Kash." I hear Brooklynn say. I widened my eyes at what I had just heard. They must have entered the room from the opposite hallway. I stay in place as I listen in.

"And has Mae working with them to perfect dino control." I can hear Kenji slam the plates on the table. "And they've done it."

"Are you serious?" I can hear Kenji ask Brooklynn.

"Yes. Which is probably what your dad's and Y/N, and Luca's mum's big presentation today is all about." I frowned at what she said.

I should have known our parents would have done something else just as bad. Though I feel bad for Kenji. He has to hear news like this as well as his date not actually happening.

"I'm not talking about my dad or Aunt, I'm talking about you. Instead of showing up to our first date, you decided to sneak around behind my back and Y/N's to prove that my dad and aunt are, what, some sort of supervillains?" After hearing Kenji upset I opened the door.

I see Yaz pulling back Sammy who I think was gonna leave to give Brooklynn and Kenji privacy. Luca, Darius and Ben standing beside Sammy and Yaz all lined up. Sad looks on their faces.

"It wasn't like that. Brooklynn tried to get back for the date, but there were obstacles." Ben explains before seeing me. His face was full of guilt.

"They're right, Kenj." Luca adds.