5.6} Friendly Competition

☄. *. ⋆ "That's how it starts." ☄. *. ⋆

✧༺♥༻∞

.·:*¨༺ Y/N's POV ༻¨*:·.

I decided that Darius was right. I couldn't stay mad at them all for doing the right thing. For not understanding how Kenji, Luca and I made the choices that we did, or our family situation.

I'm glad they don't understand. I may not be able to convince them that Kenji isn't a bad guy, but I know that in the end Kenji will figure out in the end that we have a pretty great family here with our friends. That he will find out our parents haven't changed.

For now I'm just gonna push it all to the side and help protect the dinosaurs, as well as my friends. They shouldn't have to understand my family life at all. Right now we sit in Mae's cave as we eat and discuss a plan. Well I stand leaning on the side of Ben's chair while everyone sits.

"When Mr. Kon and Mrs. L/N come back, they're gonna want the rest of the control chips." Darius explains, chewing on his bread. Ben grabs my arm gently dragging me to sit beside him.

"We gotta destroy them." Brooklynn states.

"Yeah. And get rid of any blueprints or files so he can't make more." Yaz adds.

"Where do you think the files are?" Sammy questions.

"Kash's computer, their office and the computer in their office too. For back up." Luca lists them.

"Okay, Brooklynn, Y/N and I will go and delete those files. Sammy, Yaz, Luca and Ben, you go to the workshop and destroy the chips." Darius explains.

"Actually..." Ben takes a bite of his bread before looking at all of us. "I think I've moved beyond pure destruction. I wanna be on Team Delete the Blueprints." Ben tells us.

"Really?" Darius asks, shocked.

"I thought you wanted to make explosions your thing?" I asked.

"Hey, don't put me in a box. A man can evolve." He tells me, putting his arm around my shoulders. I giggle, shaking my head.

"What do you say to a friendly competition?" Yaz asks us while she helps Sammy up. Luca starts to stand up also.

"Like a race? I say you're on." Darius answers as the rest also stand up.

"Ooh, I love the sound of that. I can't wait to blow the chips and workshop to smithereens." Sammy rubs her hands together.

"That's how it starts." I say looking at Yaz. She looks worried as she looks towards Sammy from what I said.

"Or maybe we don't start a massive chemical fire inside the biome." Yaz puts her hand on Sammy's shoulder.

"Good call." Sammy giggles. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Probably start that massive chemical fire." Luca says as Yaz nods, smiling.

"Camp fire on the cliffs outside?" Sammy asks.

"We'll meet you, or should I say, beat you there." Brooklynn replies.

"Losers roast the marshmallows." Ben throws the bag of marshmallows on the table.

"Awesome." I clap my hands. "Are we all ready?" We all prepare to run to our destinations.

.·:*¨༺ Luca's POV ༻¨*:·.

Once entering the workshop Yaz, Sammy and I keep hidden behind the boxed containers as we watch a BRAD go past. We sneak across as we watch the BRAD go past again.