4.1} Not Home Yet

☄. *. ⋆ "The Mosasaurus is not done with us yet." ☄. *. ⋆

✧༺♥༻∞

.·:*¨༺ Y/N's POV ༻¨*:·.

As the group starts to set up to eat, I walk up to ask Kenji something that's been bothering me a fair bit, as well as to see how he's doing as he's unusually more quiet then what I'm used to. That concerns and worries me as I'm used to him being the life of the party all the time.

"Kenji?" I enter the room as he steers the boat.

"No, N/N, I don't feel like talking about it." Kenji says, on reflex. I always ask him and Luca if they've wanted to talk about their feeling's before and after getting stuck on the island. Though this time I wasn't really going to ask until later today if he continued ignoring Darius.

"Talking about what?" I question in hopes he'll give me an idea on why he's ignoring Darius.

"Why I'm ignoring and mad at Darius." As he doesn't add anything afterwards I sigh, deciding to ask him what I originally came here to ask.

"Fair enough." I shrug standing beside him now. "But that's not what I was gonna say." He glances at me suspiciously before seeing I was not lying.

"Oh... what is it?" He looks at me curious as to what I came to say. I then get nervous for some reason.

"Uh, well, when we get back home let's visit a lot more. Maybe every weekend or something instead of the usual two or three times a month." I tell him as I look out at the sea. "I don't think I'm ready to go back to our family, not being around most of the time again." He nods, seeming to understand what I mean.

"I know what you mean. We'll all still hang out too. Not just us three." He tells me with a comforting hand on my shoulder, also referring to the whole group and not just Luca, him and I.

"Thanks." I give him a small smile. "And what you mentioned earlier. If you need someone to talk to, I'm always here." He looks back to the ocean, steering the boat with a sigh. He contemplates for a bit before glancing at me again.

"Well..." He drags the word on deciding to continue or not. "I'm mad that he risked Brooklynn's life. I know our plans tend to work out and all but... I think my feelings for Brooklynn have gotten stronger. And I was scared of what might happen to her when those guys had gotten her. It's confusing at the moment." Kenji tells me as I pat his back in comfort as I listen to him.

"I thought so." Kenji looks at me confused. "Luca and I could tell. There's no need for you to rush your feelings. When the time is right you'll get the chance to tell her." He smiles at what I tell him.

"Besides, I think it's mutual." I shrug trying to lift his mood up as he always did for me.

"You really think so?" He smiles looking at the sea before nodding towards me. "Thanks."

"Just don't be mad at Darius. He did what she told him to do as they were both thinking of more than just themselves. Though I know how you feel." I tell him 0as I think of Ben or Luca. The urge to protect someone you care about is always strong so I don't blame Kenji for ignoring Darius, though at the same time I'd most likely stick to the plan knowing how it could go wrong either way.

"I know. It'll just take me some time." Kenji tells me as I just nod.

"Now make sure you come down and eat with us when we set the food out. Can't continue with an empty stomach." I tell him, starting to walk out.

"Maybe. No promises though." He gives me a weak smile as I leave, meeting up with the rest of the group who have almost prepared the table with food. I sat down beside Sammy.