28| The Whole Truth

Bryan's POV:

"Alpha Marcus is coming for Amanda!" I shout. After hearing Mandy's explanation, my mind and emotions are in a hurricane. It took me a minute to process all of the information. It wasn't until I reached the door to head to Alpha James' office that the name she mentioned clicked.

"What?!" Alpha James responds as he stands from his desk. He looks over to his father and mother, who are also standing in his office. The looks of anger clearly present on Alpha Xavier's face while concern covered Luna Rachel's. The former Alpha and Luna look at one another knowingly, then look down at the couch where Mandy's mother is sitting silently staring at her hands. I feel Amanda's presence behind me.

"What do you mean, Bryan?" she whispers softly. I can feel the fear rolling off of her as she places a hand on my arm. I turn to her and wrap her in a warm embrace. She takes a few deep breathes to calm herself.

"I told you there was more." Amelia says breaking the silence. Everyone in the room stares at her, waiting for further explanation. "I think it's time to tell them everything. Don't you, Rachel? Xavier?" she asks, lifting her eyes to meet theirs. It is Xavier that speaks.

"Yes, yes, it is." He speaks plainly. "But first, I think we are missing some key personnel who will need to be included in this conversation. Alpha James, can you please ask your Gamma Nick and warriors Samantha and Luke to join us?" James' eyes glass over as he mindlinks them.

I lead Amanda over to the couch to sit next to her mother. I take a seat in the chair next to her. She gives her mother a hug and small smile. My mind is going ninety miles an hour with possibilities and scenarios. I will do anything to keep her safe. But I can't fight the unknown. I feel slight resentment toward Alpha Xavier for keeping secrets, but I know he must have had a good reason; he wouldn't have kept something this big from James without cause. There is a knock on the door and enter the three frantic faces of Nick, Sam, and Luke.

"Come in guys and have a seat." Alpha James directs them to open chairs and couches in his office. Another knock is heard and Luna Whitney enters with a solemn face full of worry. She walks over to take her place by James's side. "I felt my mate, and Luna, should be included in this meeting as well." he explains to his father.

"Of course. Minor oversight on my part, son. An Alpha is nothing without his Luna." Xavier states. "Now, then, I want to first apologize for all of the secrecy. Normally, when a new Alpha takes over, there is a meeting to explain the inner workings of pack business including allies, enemies, and any other information that could potentially be vital to the safety and security of the pack. This usually includes any rumors or speculations whether they've been confirmed or not. These are included simply to let new leaders know of things to look out for or be aware of as they could become a reality." he explains to everyone in the room.

"However, one secret was not passed on to Alpha James." I see James lower his head in frustration and anger at being kept out of the loop of pack business. If it were anyone, but his father, it would be considered treason and a possible death sentence. I look back at the face of my former Alpha and wait for the rest of the story.

"I was unable to reveal the truth until Amanda knew the truth about us and about what happened to Michael. We made a blood pact." Xavier rolls up his sleeve exposing his wrist which bore a deep red scar in the shape of an infinity sign. "Michael and Trevor were my two best friends." I close my eyes at the mention of my father's name. He and my mother were both great fighters, but in a battle against Alpha Marcus, they were ambushed and both were killed. I clench my jaw at the memory. I'm ready to shift and fight the bastard that killed my parents.

I feel a small hand wrap around my arm and slide down to my clenched fist. I open my eyes and gaze into her beautiful emerald eyes. She's fighting back tears. She didn't know about my parents. "Michael was not a werewolf, but his family knew all about us. However, Michael was not human, either. He was...an elemental." Everyone in the room gasps in shock. Everyone except Amelia who has remained calm on the couch.