48| Healing

Bryan's POV:

Once again, I find myself sitting next to Amanda's hospital bed, holding her hand, praying she wakes up. I reflect back to a week ago when she single-handedly took down Marcus. However, her body failed her before we could celebrate.

"You can't get rid of me that easily. Maybe now we can settle into the simple life." She whispers.

"Now that's a plan I can get behind." I hold out my pinky, latching it with hers. I lean down and give her the sweetest kiss. As I break the kiss, I sense something isn't quite right. Her skin suddenly drains of all color and she begins to look disoriented. At first, I'm not too concerned as she had just fought the fight of her life and honestly, anyone would feel a little weird as the adrenaline wears off.

"Bryan?" I hear her call my name.

"Yeah?" I look at her more closely. It's then I see things more clearly. Something is definitely wrong.

"I—something is—I..." before she can put into words what's happening, her eyes roll back into her head and her body collapses into my arms. I'm immediately surrounded by worried pack members.

"She over exerted her powers! Damn it! I totally forgot to have her check her vitals. I'm sorry Bryan, I got so caught up in our victory." Cora explains with concern written on her face. "We need to get her to the pack hospital to push fluids and let her rest. She will be fine in a few days especially with her wolf assisting in the healing process." I immediately pick her up and hastily make my way to the hospital.

"How is she?" James enters her room and I'm brought out of my memory.

"Stable, but still asleep. The doctor said he spoke with the Elders and Cora about the consequences or side effects of overusing her power." I sigh and lower my head.

"And? Bryan, what is it?"

"And, it may take her longer to wake up and there's a possibility she will be weak to the point of almost being human again." I explain.

"What are the other possibilities?" James is always looking for the alternatives. The silver lining as ironic as that is for a werewolf.

"She could be completely fine and all three sides are unscathed, but we just have to allow her to rest and wake up when she's ready." I turn my gaze back on my sleeping beauty.

"I'm going with the second option. Amanda is a fighter and her wolf is strong. She just needs a little more time to heal after kicking Marcus's ass all over the territory!" I chuckle at my Alpha's words. Everyone was so impressed with her ability to not only protect, but also, fight to the death. My heart fills with pride. All of your hard work paid off, baby! You saved us all. Now, I just need you to come back to me. I say to her through our link. I'm not sure if she can hear me or not, but I send her little messages every day. "I just came by to give you an update on Sam and Luke." I turn back to James.

"Please, give me good news." The last time I saw them, they were still fighting against us as well as fighting the treatment Rachel and Dr. Walters were administering to heal both their physical wounds, but also their emotional and mental wounds. I was starting to lose faith in getting our friends back from the damaged cliff Marcus had drug them to. Alpha James looks at me with an expression I can't fully read. Then, slowly a smile rises on his face.

"They're back!" I stand and walk toward him. He grips me into a bear hug and I gladly return it.

"Thank the Moon Goddess! Mandy will be ecstatic when she wakes up!" I breathe a sigh of relief and release James from our embrace.

"We just have to be patient. Then, we will fulfill all of our promises we made to her." I nod in understanding. Alpha James and Luna Whitney had announced Mandy as the Beta female and official member of the pack, but she was attacked and her initiation ceremony never happened. I, too, had my own promises to keep, but first, we have to give Mandy all the time she needs to heal and make her way back to us. "I have one more thing and I'll get out of your hair."