9| Perfect

Bryan's POV:

When I pulled up to the pack house, I was on cloud nine. I finally asked her out and she said yes and it went so great. There was only one thing nagging me. I wish I could tell her the truth. I hate the secrets and cover-ups. She's so fun to be around and she's so natural. No makeup, no fancy clothes, just simple and beautiful. And so fucking funny. I didn't think I would ever get my cheeks to stop hurting. I haven't laughed like that in a long time.

I walk through the front door and I'm immediately ambushed by James and Nick.

"Soooooo, how'd it go?" Nick asks.

"Yes, we've been waiting here for hours like giddy school girls! So, spill it!" James adds.

"Wow! And this is what I have as my two best friends." I joke. I laugh when I see their shocked faces. They pretend to console one another from the hurt I've caused them. "It was perfect," I finally reveal.

"That's awesome bro! Congrats! It's good to see you smiling." James says as he wraps his arm around my shoulder. It is just a long enough distraction before he grips my neck and rubs his knuckle into my scalp. "About time you stopped being a pussy and asked her out! I told you she liked you! Your Alpha is always right." I hear him say as I struggle out of his grasp. I hear Nick's laughter fill the front hall.

"Okay okay! Mercy! Uncle! Alpha! Whatever! Get off me bro!" I scream. As the next Beta, I'm strong, but that doesn't compare to the strength of a future Alpha. Luckily, we're on the same side.

After a few more minutes of shit talking, I head up to my room. I hear a ding come through on my phone. I look down and see it's from Amanda.

I had a really great time tonight. Thank you for dinner. -A

I had a great time, too. Thanks for the wonderful company. -B

You're welcome. And remember you are in no way, shape or form obligated to come on Saturday. I'm sure you have plenty of better things to do. -A

I wouldn't miss it for the world. -B

When she doesn't respond, I assume I've made her blush. I love that I'm the one who can make her blush.

It's a good thing the water hides it when you blush. I wouldn't want anyone to know I have that effect on you. 😝 -B

Lol, you sure are good at giving yourself a lot of credit! Thank you for tonight. Good night Bryan. -A

Good night and sweet dreams, beautiful. -B

Saturday finally arrives and I wake up early to shower and get to the aqua center by 9 am. I want to make sure Amanda sees me before the start of the meet. Nick, James, and Whitney decide to join me for moral support. Not that I need it. Okay, maybe just a little.

We arrive at 8:45 even though I had to rush James out the front door.

"Ugh! It's too early on a Saturday to be awake, much less exercising!" James complains.

"This coming from the guy who likes to torture his pack with 6 am workouts? You didn't have to come!" I clapback.

"Will you boys please cut it out! We are all here to support Amanda and Bryan's attempts to woo her. Now, shut it!" Whitney demands as she walks ahead to the stairs leading to the observation deck. Nick and James follow her lead as I look for the doors leading to the pool deck. I am able to sneak passed the door guard once a parent began asking him a bunch of questions. I scan the pool deck until I find the girl I'm looking for. She's in the corner stretching and loosening her muscles. I decide to surprise her by placing both hands on her shoulders and giving her a quick squeeze. She nearly jumps out of her skin when I realize she had ear buds in and didn't hear me approach.