11| Memories

Bryan's POV:

As soon as we arrive, Amanda is swept up by her best friends, as I am mine. James and Nick immediately begin questioning me about picking her up and the ride over. I explain how it was so hard seeing her mom again, especially knowing what I did to her mate. I also explain how I slipped up using the term mate and what I did to cover it up.

"Phew! You're lucky, bro. That could have gone sideways quick. Did she believe you?" Nick asks.

"I suppose. She didn't say she didn't." I keep feeling like she is looking at me and, sure enough, as I turn to find her, she is glancing in my direction. This action fills me with adoration for my mate. Goddess, I wish I could tell her the truth about us. It's slowly killing me to keep this secret from her. I smile at her and I see her blush before turning back to her friends. I see Sam and Luke take her toward the back where the bonfire is already lit.

"I'm gonna run upstairs to take a leak and change clothes. I'll be right back." I say and excuse myself from James and Nick. After using the restroom, I find my room. I change my shorts into some pants for the evening and decide to change my shirt. I hear my door open and assume it's Mandy coming to look for me.

"One sec, babe, I just needed to change clothes." I say as I turn around to see Laura in nothing but her underwear.

"No worries baby...one less thing for me to take off." She tries to sound seductive, but it's really just annoying.

"What the fuck are you doing? Why are you in my room and why are you not fucking dressed?" I ask sternly, trying to control my anger.

"You know I can please you better than she can! You know you want me. She's only human and can't do all the things I can..." she saunters toward me. I'm so pissed I can't respond and I just glare at her trying to control my wolf. I can't afford any incidents tonight with Mandy present.

"You can't resist me, Bryan. I've known you wanted me for so long now. You don't have to waste your time any longer with that pathetic loser, Mandy." Laura is within arm's length and I simply put my arms out to keep her there. Before I can speak, my door slams open and a wide-eyed Mandy is taking in the scene. She turns quickly and rushes out the door.

"Fuck! You stupid bitch! Get dressed and get the fuck out!" I scream before racing down the stairs. James and Nick call after me, but I only have one mission at the moment. Find Mandy!

It doesn't take me long, as I hear her sobs coming from behind a tree. The sound kills me. She should never cry. Her perfect face should not be tortured with tears. I approach her delicately. I slowly take my hand and reach for her face.

"Don't! I don't need your pity or your charity. If you wanted to be with Laura, then that's all you had to say! I don't like being made a fool of." She cries into her hands.

I come closer and wrap her in my arms. She tries to back out, but I refuse to let her go. I can't. She's mine whether she knows it or not.

"I have never, not today or any day, EVER wanted Laura. The only person I want to spend my time with is you. Please! Please listen!" I plead as I take my hands from off of her waist and cup her tear stained face so she will look at me. "I'm so sorry you had to see that, but please understand she came into my room without my consent. I honestly thought it was you walking in looking for me. By the time it registered what was happening, you walked in. I'm pissed she even tried something like that when she knew I came here with you. You are the only girl I want in my arms." I speak gently and softly while gazing into her beautiful hazel eyes which seem to sparkle at my words.

"But...why me?" Her question causes a sharp pain in my heart. Why her?! Why not her?! Why the fuck is she asking this question? Before I could answer her, I lean in and kiss her soft lips. I then use my thumbs to wipe away the remaining tears from her cheeks.