47| Face to Face

Amanda's POV:

"Oh!" He chuckles menacingly as I walk toward him. "You think since you defeated my army and you got your little friends back that I would quietly slink back into my hole empty-handed? Silly girl!" His smirk deepening into a grimacing smile. I want to show confidence, strength, and resilience in the face of adversity. I want to show him that I am not afraid of him or his idle threats.

His eyes swirl making him look unhinged. This man is truly fucking nuts! "One thing I've learned in my years of being an Alpha is how to use my power to get what I want and that means, holding all the cards!" I watch as he brings something from behind him.

"Oh god! MOM!" I scream across the field. Before Bryan or anyone can stop me, I take off running toward the center of the field.

"Nnnnnoooooo!!" I hear Bryan screaming in anguish as he watches me race to what would be my certain death. I see Alpha James and Gamma Nick restrain him from following me. He is on his knees with his arms being held back, his face tortured with fear. He is thrashing against his friends, Max is near the surface. "Mandy, please don't do this! Oh, goddess, please don't do this! Come back! Let me go guys! She needs me! Oh goddess please!" He begs with his anger laced with fear.

I have to do this! I love you, Bryan and I always will! I send through our link while keeping my attentions on this specimen of pure evil as the anger rises in me. I feel the familiar bubbles heat up and warm my core. I see him hold my mother by her neck. She's struggling to breathe, gasping for air, and fighting against his grip.

"Don't be stupid, little girl, or I will slit her throat right here and now!" he growls out. I'm at my breaking point of controlling all the emotions ready to erupt. I hear a clap of thunder following by a streak of lightening. Alpha Marcus raises a claw to her throat and without hesitation swipes it across. My eyes widen. Blood oozes out of my mother's neck as he tosses her to the ground!

"NNNOOO!!! MMMOOOMMM!!!" I shriek. My body begins to shake and I unleash a blood-curdling scream. I fall to my knees. My skin begins to glow and I release a wall of water separating us from all of my friends, family, pack, and Bryan just as Cora taught me. I have to protect them and keep them from interfering. This war, this fear, this fight ends NOW!

"Well, well, well...looks like little bird did have a secret power. Water elemental, huh? That would have gone nicely with wind if your father hadn't been so stupid and just cooperated. I had to kill him, too!" his face scowls at the memory. His words only increase my anger, but little does he know there are more secrets to reveal, more steps to this plan.

Without breaking eye contact, I see slight movement from my mom. I internally sigh. There's still a chance to save her. We can't wait any longer. Alpha Marcus stalks slowly forward. His eyes are zeroed in on me, not an ounce of fear or worry graces his face. He is confident, too confident.

And that will be his downfall! Opal growls inside my head. She's been patiently waiting for her turn. I inwardly smirk at her words. I also know I have to follow my father's advice to be truly convincing. I will have to take a few hits and make him believe he has a chance to win.

As he gets within arm's length, I stand up and hold my chin high. Before I can bat an eyelash, his hand smacks me across the cheek right below my left eye. The pain radiates and I feel my face heat up. Fuck! Opal goes to work easing the pain so I can retaliate.

"You know Marcus, it takes a real WEAK man to come after women and children. You are NOTHING! Stripped of your title, puny army defeated, and frankly, you're just pathetic!" my voice rising to a shout. I can see his face redden with angry. If this were an animation, there would have been smoke bellowing from his ears. He doesn't take a second to hit me again. I hear muffled cries and yelling behind my wall of water. I've blocked my mindlink so I can concentrate on this trash in front of me.