A Final Goodbye

sooooooo, remember how everyone wanted to replace Aether with Heizou in 4NEMO?

Angst + Smut + Long

Im making yall wait for it, merry Christmas

Aether's been off lately. He's been keeping to himself scrolling through something on his phone. Every time they have free time, he's on his phone. He doesn't really eat anymore. They all have their own suspicions, but Xiao wanted to know what it was. What was keeping Aether away from them?

Christmas time came. Aether never talked with the other members unless it was necessary. He just stayed in his room and kept scrolling through his phone like it was his life. Dark eye bags were noticeable under his eyes as well as tear stains. He was crying in a pillow when Xiao came in.

"You okay? I know last show was a bust, but it's fine. We can make the next one in the new year much better."-Xiao

"I'm fine."-Aether

"Are you sure? We can always talk about it if something is bothering you."-Xiao

"I said I'm fine."-Aether

Xiao nodded and walked out the room. Both Venti and Kazuha were outside his room waiting for Xiao to come out.

"Nothing. I think he's still upset about last show. Since it was in his home country and his mic turned off mid show."-Xiao

He remembers it clearly. They were in the middle of a song and Aether's mic turned off. The crowd started screaming at him in the Inazuman language as he ran offstage to fix his mic. They then announced the show was over and that they'll do a better show next year.

Aether heard all of them talking about him. It didn't make it better. He started for the bathroom and continued crying there. Truth is, he really couldn't care about last show since he messed up so badly. He's been getting death threats and claims to harm his family if he doesn't quit 4NEMO. But this band is his entire life, and it's the only thing he's good at in life. Maybe it's time to find other things. Botany. He was good at it in high school. Maybe do that.

Aether grabbed a bag and headed out the door. He pasted the other members as he made his way to a one person dance studio so he wouldn't be disturbed. He scanned a card and soon was in.

He saw a piano in the corner of the room and decided to play it. A old piece that he and his sister played as kids. He played piano while his sister played violin.

because omori has a special place in my heart.

As he started playing, all his worries went away. This piece has been special to him all his life. Whenever this played, he'd calm down. He forgot he was supposed to be dancing. It's 3am for goodness sake, he could wake people up.

He did what he came here to do. Aether placed headphones in his ears and danced to whatever music was playing. Good thing he wasn't on the second floor. The music controlled his body until he heard a ping on his phone.

It was a Tik Tok dm. 'Kill yourself. You are the reason 4NEMO had bad shows all year. You don't deserve your family.'

"I get it geez. Why won't you leave me alone?! God."-Aether