One Last Sight

Tw: Cutting, Suicide, and Eating Disorder. And Drowning.

Xiao waited for the perfect opportunity for Aether to leave. As soon as Aether went into the bathroom, he got up to go to the kitchen. He grabbed a knife, and started slashing his arms. It was a addiction for when his doctor told him that he had a eating disorder. He didn't want the disorder, everyone would pity him now. His father would make him eat more, his sister would pester him into food, his lover would make him leave the room. Oh how his lover was a wonder. Aether was a sun for everybody. He never was sad, only happy and full of laughter. He made anyone's day better by smiling. But the blond seemed to be smiling less. His sunshine was dying down. For what reason?

"Xiao..."-Aether

For what it seemed like the first time, he displayed fear. He was trembling, from the top of the stairs. He looked like he was gonna fall. Xiao just stared at him. It was uncomfortable being watched like that.

"I-I. Get the knife out of your hands!" Aether ran down the stairs and snatched the knife away from his lover. Anger. Where was happiness?

"Xiao, you shouldn't be harming yourself like that! You'll kill yourself!"-Aether

"That's why I'm doing this. I want to live my life with you until I die of these scars."-Xiao

Aether was stunned. He then looked shamelessly down at his legs and arms. The blond pulled them up and revealed his legs and arms with the same cuts, just a lot bigger. Xiao hugged him tight, resulting in Aether crying.

"I thought...about you. Your disorder. It hurts my heart."-Aether

"It's fine. I don't even need to eat much. That means all the food is reserved for you."-Xiao

"But...*sniff* I need you. You're my everything."-Aether

"I'll just be a burden."-Xiao

"Come with me. We'll see the stars as we do it."-Aether

Aether lead Xiao to the rooftop of their apartment building. It was a clear night sky with a view of their entire coastline city. The water was sparking along with the moonlight. The little fishes seemed to clear for the night.

"Let us leave this world together. May I have this last dance with you Xiao?"-Aether

"We shall."-Xiao

They held each other in their arms as they fell into the night sky. Their last sight was each other and the night sky. The whispered their goodbyes and sorrows as they fell into the ocean. They soon drowned to death.

That death seems peaceful.

440 words