Never Forget Me

So uh it's based off of this

Royal Au 😌

"Mama

"Mama. When is Papa coming back?"-Aria

"I don't know."-Aether

Xiao has been gone for almost two years now. It broke his heart greatly, but Xiao needed to do what he must. And Snezhnaya of all places. That was one of the worst places to tell a child where her father went. Snezhnaya is cold and frightening, but the people care for family more that ever.

"What if Papa forgot us?"-Aria

"STUPID! Haven't I told you to never say things like that?!"-Aether

"Do you have to go? Please don't leave! I'm begging you!"-Aether

"I have to leave Aether. I don't want them to be left alone without a parent and I have to go as one of the faces of Liyue."-Xiao

Aether was sobbing. He couldn't bare to see Xiao leave to a dangerous place. Xiao heard his cue to leave. The raven gave Aether another ring.

"I will never forget you or the kids. This ring says it all. See? Cheer up, it's even a star anxiety ring. You can move it."-Xiao

Aether was crying even more after the raven put the ring on his finger. This felt like a goodbye.

Xiao gave him a kiss on the cheek before leaving with Aether in hand. Their hands soon parted when they reached the carriage outside the palace. Aether waved goodbye. His heart ached for his safety.

"Papa didnt forget about us. He will come back for us."-Aether

"Mama? Im sorry! I won't ask about Papa again!"-Aria

Aether couldn't stop the tears from flowing down his cheeks. Aria hugged her mother's arm and smiled.

"See? Aria smiles and Mama should too! Mama shouldn't be sad!"-Aria

Aria gave herself a big smile. It made Aether laugh and feel better. He gave the little blond a kiss on her forehead and put her to sleep.

He played with his rings a bit before deciding it was time to sleep. It felt lonely without him. The giant canopy bed felt lonely without someone to share it with.

-
"Mama! Mama come quick! It's very important!"-Aria

"I'm coming, I'm coming! What's so important for me to stop my work?"-Aether

Aria apparently had a surprise for him. A big one it had to be, since he had to stop signing papers and making legal documents for it.

He heard Apollo shrieking and making little noises through the room door. Aria opened the door and hugged someone.

"Mama!"-Apollo

Aether was crying. It was Xiao. He finally came home (not for me). Aether couldn't resist jumping into his arms and crying. Xiao was rather surprised at the sudden action. But he hugged him nonetheless.

"Are you sick?! Ill?! Hurt?! Anything out of the ordinary?!"-Aether

"Aeth, I'm fine. We should be worried about how tired you look."-Xiao

"I pulled a all nighter for checks and stuff. Don't worry, I slept in for four extra hours."-Aether

Apollo shrieked again from his crib. He wanted a hug as well. Or he was due for a nap. One of the two.

Aether pulled him down onto the small rug in his room, gesturing Aria and Xiao to sit down and listen.

Soon they all fell asleep to a story Aether read. His voice was like a bird chirping for its mother when he read the lullaby out loud. It was soothing to hear in the early afternoon. Aether chuckled and laid their heads down on the rug. He then kissed the three of them a good nap while Apollo fell asleep holding his sister's finger.

sobbing

608 words