Loud Nostalgia

What if all of them, except Apollo, experienced war? And the noises won't leave them alone.

In this au, it's a new war that happened almost twenty years ago.

THE ARTIST IS SO TALENTED OMG AND THE STYLE AND THE MESSAGE 😭

Also, music has no affect on this, I just love nightcord at 25:00

"My father asked for no fire works this year as well."-Xiao

Of course, everyone complained. They never experienced a war, so the wouldn't know. Plus, they forgot what a war sounded like. Or even what it had. But Xiao had to agree for the fireworks once again this year. He couldn't even imagine how much will go off this year.

"I'm keeping a weapon at me at all times this year. You should too."-Aether

"Aether, no. We'll stay in the teapot then. I know you're scared. I am too."-Xiao

"It's not that. Don't know what to do on Lantern Rite with all the fireworks going on. The amount of noise."-Aether

Aether was rather silent and more dull. Though he did have a way with words. Aria clung on to him like she understood what her mother was thinking. She had a little brother at home waiting for them with Zhongli. What if he gets scared from the fireworks? What if they all die like all those people?

Xiao could only walk home quietly while Aether had his head down and Aria holding his hand. They unlocked their room and saw a smiling baby boy waiting for them. Aether gave a small smile and picked him up.

"Apollo! Did you behave well? Oh, I hope you didn't give your grandfather a hard time. You hungry?"-Aether

"Did Apollo give you a hard time?"-Xiao

"No, not at all. He slept most of the day, got up to find food in the fridge, and woke me up to watch My Little Pony and read a Aranara book to him."-Zhongli

"Really? Maybe it's all the naps I make him take." Aether let the three year old slither out his arms. He ran to Aria.

Aria played with her brother until Aether came and asked them to help make dinner with him. It was already late, around 8pm already. Xiao was talking with his father about their day and what they plan to do.

This was probably the happiest he ever had seen Aether after the war. He was breaking apart slowly and then Xiao came into his life. It helped, but not a lot. He seen too much.

They finished making the food and left it on the counter. A firework went off. Aether flipped a table on its side and covered his ears. Xiao and everyone followed. Aether grabbed a nearby gun just in case. Aria looked out at the noise.

"Mommy! It was a firework!"-Aria

"Aether. It's okay. False alarm. Put down the gun. Lemme just put in these."-Xiao

Xiao put in some noise canceling ear buds. They were green. But as soon as he heard the door open, he pointed the gun at the door. It was only some neighbors.

"Oh, you already have some. I know that the little miss and Aether are afraid of fireworks. So I brought some noise canceling ear buds."-??

It was Baizhu, a family friend. Qiqi was watching from her room door.

"Dr Baizhu, we'll take them thank you. How much for them?"-Zhongli

"It's on the house. It's for a old friend anyways. Just make sure he doesn't harm anyone with the gun and the owner doesn't find them."-Baizhu

Aether jumped at the snake around Baizhu's neck. He hid behind the table he flipped over and was shaking.

"Arent you scared of the fireworks? How are you not shaking?"-Baizhu

"I'm okay. I'd get over it on my own later on. It's fine."-Xiao

Baizhu nodded, Zhongli reassured his son was going to be okay. Aria waved to her mother while Apollo shrieked and ran to him.

"Mommy, don't cry."-Aria

Aether was crying and holding Apollo. He felt bad for starting all of this. And they even weren't going to sleep the whole night.

Xiao took out the ear buds "Too loud? If it's loud, we can heat up the dinner and eat it in our room. Then we can sleep."

Another firework went off. Aria jumped into her father's arms. Xiao then sighed and started to heat up the food. He flipped over the table, which made Aether panic and hid behind a couch, and cleaned up any mess that was made.

"Just, hold my hand. And I'll guide you both into the room. Before the next firework goes off."-Xiao

Aether grabbed his hand and Aria's and let Xiao guide him to quietness. Apollo followed. He told them to sit there. While waiting, Aether made a yelp. The fireworks got quieter.

"Here. The food you guys made. Wouldn't let it go to waste."-Xiao

It wasn't as warm compared to when it was fresh, but it still was tasty and made everyone sleepy. Hey, that rhymed!

"Sleepy. Scared, but sleepy. Stay."-Aether

Xiao wrapped his arms around the three and kissed Aether on the cheek. He fell asleep soon after. Aria and Apollo cuddled him. Whatever dreams accompanied them, they were enough to sleep through the night without problems. Even Apollo slept through the night.

The fireworks seemed to be out of sale after Lantern Rite. At least they can sleep comfortably for a while.

toe beans.

920 words