chapter nineteen

Yes, I know. I haven't updated in God knows how long, I've been running low on brain cells and ideas but now I'm back with a whole (semi) fresh batch of brain cells and new ideas.
Anyways- hope you guys like this chapter.

Also, the storyline for how husk came to the hotel is different.

-------------
Husk stumbled through the streets of hell, drunk, hurt, and in dire need of shelter.

His once clean shirt now stained with beer, and unfortunately white shirts stain easily.

A purple limousine went driving past him, nearly running him over as it stopped in front of a shitty hotel.

"Well, at least it's shelter."

He mumbled crossly stumbling his way towards the building as a tall man came out of the limousine, fixing his coat he moved into the building.

Husk moved into the building after him, moving towards the reception desk.

"Uh, hello? Is there anybody in this dump?"

What felt like seconds turned to hours as he watched the man from the corner of his eye inspect the lobby with disgust.

"Valentino? What are you doing here?"

Another voice spoke up, turning his gaze he watched as a tall white spider wrap his pink robe around himself.

The man grinned.

"Oh, Angel cakes! So this is the place you and your utterly delightful daughter have been staying at! It's quiet... Quaint."

He spoke, running his finger across a dusty sofa.

The spider frowned.

"Yeaah. Anyway- why are you here?"

He asked, husk perked his ears up slightly, another bad habit of his was eavesdropping.

"Well, I just came by to see how y/n is doing. Did she meet anyone interesting yet?"

The spider shrugged his shoulder.

"Besides sir pentious? Hmm, no-... Er, maybe? I mean we did bump into some unfavourable people."

He shook his head.

"But other than that? No."

The man hummed in thought.

"Well, than, text me when she makes another friend other than sir pentious."

The man turned back towards the door.

"Wait, why do you care?"

The spider questioned, suspicion in his voice.

The tall man shrugged.

"She's grown in me is all. Besides, what kind of boss would I be if I wasn't involved with my number one star's daughter?"

He answered walking out the door without another word, leaving the spider dumb-founded.

"Care? Since when does that heartless asshole ever care?"

The spider grumbled out, fixing his robe angerliy before moving off up towards the stairs the led to the hotel rooms.

"...I'll just sleep on the couch."

Husk spoke gruffle, shuffling towards the sofa, placing a paw on the sofa he hoisted himself up, relaxing on the couch wrapping his wings around himself.

He began humming a song his father sang to him to help him sleep at night when it got difficult.

Leaves from the vine,
falling so slow
Like fragile tiny shells
Drifting in the foam
Little soldier boy
Come marching home
Brave soldier boy
Comes marching home.

He finished, his eyes drifting closed as sleep overtook him.

Word count 551
Yeah this chapter really stumped me for a long time, 1. I wanted to introduce husk but I also needed to get Valentino in here hence the struggle to choose which would go first.

Anyway, hoped you guys enjoyed this chapter.