Chapter 18- A New Beginning

Amy's POV

For the first time in a few days, i woke up feeling happy. I went to the bathroom and did the routine.

I went to the living room and saw everyone was there. "Good morning" I said. "Good afternoon" Lisa corrected me. I nodded and started eating my lunch.

"How are ya feeling?" Shinji asked me. "Good" I told him with a smile. "Nice to know" he nodded. I finished my lunch. "Wanna go somewhere?" He asked. "Yeah, sure, why not?" I replied.

"Let's go then" he said while getting up. He was dressed in his usual orange tee with a tie and black pants. "Wait, let me change, I'll be back in 5 minutes" I said while going to my room.

I picket out a gray top with 'Heya' written in white and black skinny jeans with red converse. I let my hair down and clipped my bangs. When I thought I  was looking decent enough to go, I went back to the living room.

"Ready?" Shinji asked while standing up from the couch. "Yeah" I said and followed him outside the warehouse.

"So where are we going?" I asked walling beside him. He just looked at me and smirked. "Don't tell me its a surprise again" I said while crossing my arms. "Well it is" he replied chuckling. We started walking in silence. It wasn't an awkward one, it was a comfortable silence. After some minutes of walking we were in front of an ice cream parlor.

We went inside it. "Which flavour? He asked. "Um Choco chip" I replied while looking at the chocolate ice cream with choco chips in it. "2 choco chip " he ordered. We got out ice cream and went out the parlor.

"So this was your surprise?" I asked while licking my ice cream. He shook his head. "Only the first part of it." He replied smirking. I just frowned and looked away.

After walking for some minutes while we finished our ice cream. "Close ya eyes" he said while standing in front of me. "Why?" I asked. "Cause it a surprise" he said in a matter-of-fact tone. "What if I fall?" I asked him "you won't" he said. "Just do it" he said getting annoyed by my questions.

I closed my eyes and felt myself being picked up. "S-shinji, what are you d-doing?" I asked sluttering. Come on, who wouldn't slutter when they're in Shinji's arms?. "Taking you to the place I was planning to go." He replied while flashstepping somewhere.

I started blushing and rested my head on his shoulder trying to relax. "You can open ya eyes now" he said. I opened my eyes and saw we were on the top of a hill. It was around 5 pm and looked like we'll be able to watch the sunset.

"You can put my down now" I said looking at him. He looked at me. "Y-yeah" he said while putting me down. I started walking towards the edge of the hill(which had railings on it". I rested my hand on the railings while looking forward.

The wind was blowing and I felt really relaxed right now. Shinji came beside me. "Its a beautiful scene" he said while watching the sunset. "Yeah, it is" I replied smiling.

"You're a visored now" he said suddenly. I looked at him and nodded. "Yeah I know." I replied. "How do ya feel about it?" He asked seriously. I looked straight ahead and thought for some time.

"Its nothing bad if you think of it positively. Sometimes the hollow can get way too annoying but it does gives you power to protect your loved ones and fight the bad people. If you look at the bad side then you'll think of it as curse. But I don't think about it as a curse so yeah. I'm okay with it" I replied.

He stared at me amazed. "In short, all of the things that has happened to me and all the things that are going to happen, its a new beginning for me" I added smiling at him.

"Ya are something else" he said while laughing. I started laughing with him. After that we it started getting dark. "We should head back" he said while extending his hand. I took it and nodded. We started walking towards the warehouse in silence.

This was a new beginning of my life. A happy one to be exact.