Chapter Forty-Three

Liana's POV PRESENT DAY

"Wait... so... so you're telling me that my sweetheart is alive? My Rumple?" Tears started to form in my eyes as my heart started to race. I was inside the shop talking to Emma and Hook. "I mean," I bit my chapped lips. "How is that even possible?"

"We were hoping you might be able to tell us that," Emma replied. "You know him and the shop better than anyone. If he's in StoryBrooke, there has to be a clue in here about how he got back and how we can find him, now that he is."

"Yeah," I said, my heart still beating at a rapid pace. "I'll start looking right away."

"Keep your eyes out for him too. If he comes into town..." started David.

"He'll come to me. Yeah, I know," I replied, sighing, and running my hand through my hair.

"I will stay here with you," stated Hook. I raised an eyebrow in shock. "I'm surprisingly good at research."

"You will stay here with me? Why?" I asked, my spit almost landing on him.

"He'll protect you, Liana. If the witch comes."

"I can take care of myself. I am the Princess of Narnia," I stated, crossing my arms. "And I have magic."

"Yes, but... isn't your magic a little rusty now that you've chosen not to use it?" Hook questioned.

I rolled my eyes. "You do know he tried to kill me?" I asked.

"Well, there were extenuating circumstances," he replied, admitting to it.

"Twice," I continued.

"Sorry," he replied.

Emma turned to Hook. "You really know how to charm a girl, don't you?"

"This will be my way of making it up to you, I promise," he said.

"Fine," I replied.

"All right," said Emma. "We should really get out into the woods."

"Hey," David turned to face Mary Margaret. "Maybe you should stay home."

"Me? I'm the best tracker here," Mary Margaret replied.

"I know. But we'll manage. Remember what Zelena said? You need rest," said David.

Emma then approached me. "Liana, thank you for your help as always. And, um, don't worry, okay? We're gonna find him."

I smiled weakly at her. "Okay. Thank you."

My heart continued to pound as the Charming's left and Hook was standing there. I still can't believe that my Rumple is alive and I can hold him again. I can kiss him one more time. A thousand more times. I can tell him I love him with everything in me. I can spill my heart out to him.

It wasn't until I looked at Hook again and realized how awkward this was really going to be.

+++
PAST. ONE YEAR AGO.
THE ENCHANTED FOREST,
RUMPLESTILTSKIN's CASTLE.

"If there's anyone who can defeat the witch and get you back to your family. It's the dark one. The way to resurrect him has to be here," I explained. We were in the library that Rumple have to me all those years ago. I miss being in here with the smell of old books and tea leaves. I search the book shelves, in the section dedicated to the dark one himself.

"You really believe in him, don't you?" Neal asked.

"Yes," I replied. "I love him. All of him. Even the parts that belong to the darkness."