Chapter Forty-One

Oddly enough, I was brought back to the Enchanted Forest like everyone else. I didn't get taken back to Narnia. And I was grateful, I would have been too lonely there.

Once we have arrived—everything felt too surreal. It was like living a dream but in a past memory.

I sniffled the air, smelling the Evergreen trees and wildflowers that bloomed. A beautiful woman along with her husband, approached our group. I furrowed my eyebrows. Who were these people?

"How've things been since we left?" Snow asked. "The ogres?"

I then looked at the people around me and realized everyone was dressed how we dressed here. We were not in our original clothes. I looked down, I was wearing a tight black dress, and black boots with a fur scarf.

"Defeated," the woman replied. "We're restoring our Kingdom and our lives."

Snow nodded and then said, "And congratulations."

I furrowed my eyebrows again and realized that the woman was pregnant. "Is it that obvious?" she asked while smiling.

"You are glowing," Snow replied.

I smiled, trying to mask up my grief towards Rumple. I had to move on, this is what he would have wanted for me.

"Why is she pregnant and I'm the one who's sick?" Regina questioned, not afraid to show her grief. I felt such pity for her—having to lose her son, but yet knowing he's alive and well, and happy without her.

"We have much to celebrate," said the man. "And know that you and your friends are welcome in our Kingdom. If you need anything we're at your service."

"Thank you, but all we need is horses. We have our own Kingdom. Our own castle," said Charming.

I watched as Snow put a hand on Charming's shoulder. "Our castle was destroyed in the curse."

"Well played, your majesty. You laid waste to everything," Hook told Regina.

"Not everything," the woman spoke. "Her castle still stands."

"Of course it does," said Regina. "I protected it."

"Well, technically, the castle doesn't belong to her. It was Snow's before she took it," said Charming.

I rolled my eyes.

"Well, to be fair," stared Regina. "I married into it."

"That you did," said Snow. "And now, we're taking it back." Snow smiled and stepped closer to Regina. "And you are coming with us."

"You can't be serious," said Regina.

"Yes," said Snow. "Even Liana can join us as well."

"You do understand who I am right?" I questioned. "The Lost Princess of Narnia and The Dark One's lover."

"I understand who both of you are," said Snow. "Everyone out there is scared and confused. They need hope. What better way to do that then to return united? You are both coming with us. I know you guys won't like it, and Liana, I know you have Rumplestiltskin's castle to return to, but I gather it will be lonely there especially without him," she said. I gulped. "You'll both learn to." She then looked at Regina too. "For our good. For yours."

"Thank you again for your hospitality," said Charming to the young man and woman. "We should begin preparations."

"Good luck to you all," said the younger man, the rest of us going in our direction, Snow's castle.

                                  +++

"Hey, Liana, can I talk to you?" I heard Neal ask as he came up to me. We were all walking to Snow's castle.

"Sure. What's up?" I asked.

"They don't think we should go back to my father's castle, your castle," said Neal.

"But?" I asked.

"I think we should anyway."

"Why?"

"There's got to be something there that can help me get back to Emma and Henry," he replied.

"Ah. So this is what it's about. I get it."

Neal sighed. "What do you think? Will you come with me?"

"Hell yeah," I replied. "I'm sorry, I don't know how much longer I can stand the Charming's."

Neal chuckled. "You're so much like him in so many different ways, Liana. no wonder why you two got together."

I chuckled. Then a thought came to my mind. I stopped in my tracks. "Liana what is it?" he asked.

"We never saw the dagger, right?" I asked. "The Dark One Dagger?"

"No, not that I remember. Why?"

"Well, I think we can bring him back. There has to be a way. There just has to be. And that way, brining him back, he could help you get back to Emma and Henry."

"You really think we can do something like that?" he asked. "Brining back the dead? I thought Frankenstein tried that too many times with his brother and failed."

"Well, we aren't Frankenstein. Come on, let's go tell the Charming's we're leaving."

Neal nodded and followed me.

                                 +++

It turns out the Charming's agreed to come with us. They didn't want us to go alone. Typical.

Robin and his merry men ended up coming along with us too.

"Good to see you again, Robin," Neal said, as we approached Robin.

"You too, Baelfire," he smiled.

I cleared my throat. "Liana!" Robin then embraced me, and I hugged him back. I chuckled before letting go of him. Robin turned to face Neal. "I believe you already know she was treating a poor thief far better than I deserved."

"She does that a lot," Neal smiled. I smiled back.

"And what of you?" Robin asked Neal. "What of your journey? Were you able to find your son in Neverland?"

"Yes, thank you," Neal replied.

"I don't mean to pry, but I don't see the boy," Robin observed. I frowned. It was going to be difficult for Neal to explain the situation.

"It's complicated but— uh, he's safe. He's with his mother."

I patted Neal on the shoulder before we continued on again.