Chapter Two [Edited]

[LIANA WINTERS]
Past

"I think we got a visitor," I said, looking at the black rat that was running around.

"I think you're right sweetheart," he said. "It's just us, dearie. You can show yourself."

I smiled as the black furred rat turned into Regina. I was right. Regina cracked her neck and then sighed.

"That curse you gave me," said Regina, gritting her teeth. "It's not working."

"Oh, so worried," said Rumple. "So, so worried."

"Yes," I said with a grin. "Like Snow and her lovely new husband."

"What?" Regina questioned.

"They paid us a visit as well," said Rumple, approaching her from within the cage. "They were very anxious. About you and the curse."

Regina approached Rumple. "What did you tell them?"

"The truth," he said. "That nothing can stop the Darkness..." Regina smiled.

"Except," I started. Regina looked at me. "Of course, their unborn child!"

"Yeah," said Rumple. "You see, no matter how powerful, all curses can be broken. Their child is the key. Of course, the curse has to be enacted first."

"Tell me what I did wrong," said Regina.

"For that, there's a price," he said.

"What do you want?" Regina asked.

"Simple," said Rumple. "In this new land, I want Liana and I to have comfort. I want us to have a good life."

"Fine. You two will have an estate. Be rich," she said.

I grinned. The sound of money made my heart flutter. "I wasn't finished! There's more!"

"There always is with you two," said Regina.

"In this new land," Rumple started again. "Should Liana and I ever come to you for any reason, you must heed our every request! Especially Liana's. You must do whatever we say. So long as we say, please!"

"You do realize that should I succeed, you and Liana won't remember any of this?" asked Regina.

I shrugged. "Oh, well then," I said, shrugging my shoulders. "What's the harm?"

Regina smiled. She was so clueless. "Deal." Rumple then started to back away from Regina. "What must I do to enact this curse?"

Rumple pointed at her. "You need to sacrifice a heart."

"I sacrificed my prize steed," said Regina.

I laughed. Regina looked at me. "What?" I shook my head.

Rumple then jumped forward and grabbed Regina's neck. "A horse? This is the curse to end all curses. You think a horse is gonna do? Great power requires great sacrifice. The heart you need must come from something far more precious."

"Tell me what will suffice," said Regina.

Rumple smiled. "The heart of the thing you love most."

Regina grabbed a hold of Rumple's hand. "What I loved most died because of Snow White."

"Is there no one else you truly love?" asked Rumple. "This curse isn't gonna be easy. Vengeance never is, dearie. You have to ask yourself a simple question. How far are you willing to go?" Regina moved her head closer to the bars.

"As far as it takes."

"Then please stop wasting everyone's time and just do it."

"Exactly," I said. "You know what you love. Now go kill it." Regina turned around and then disappeared into thin air.

                       [RUMPLE]
Present Day

I was walking down Mifflin Street and decided to go by Regina's house. I see her brushing off her tree, cleaning up the mess that Emma made. "What a mess," I stated, holding in my chuckle.

"Not for long," Regina replied, glancing at me and then back at her tree. "What can I do for you, Mr. Gold?"

"I was just in the neighborhood," I said. "Thought I'd pop by." I walked over to the apple tree. "Lovely to see you in such high spirits."

Regina laughed. "Well, it's been a good day. I just rid the town of an unwanted nuisance."

"Emma Swan?" I asked. "Really?"

"I imagine she's halfway to Boston by now," Regina continued.

I smirked and picked off an apple. "I wouldn't bet on that." Regina looked at me. "I've just seen her strolling down main street with your boy. Thick as thieves they looked."

"What?" asked Regina.

Oh how I knew how to piss her off.

"Perhaps you should have come to me," I said, looking up at her. "If Miss Swan is a problem you can't fix, I'm only happy to help. For a price, of course."

Regina laughed. "I'm not in the business of making deals with you anymore."

"To which deal are you referring?" I asked.

She turned around to look at me again. "You know what deal."

I chuckled. "Oh, right, yeah. The boy I procured for you. Henry. Did I ever tell you what a lovely name that was? However, did you pick it?"

She turned around again. "Did you want her to come to town?"

I laughed internally. Of course I wanted her to come to town, but she must not know that. "You wanted all of this to happen didn't you? Your finding Henry wasn't an accident was it?"

"Whatever do you mean?"

"Where did you get him?" she asked. I smiled. "Do you know something?"

"I have no idea what you're implying."

"I think you do. Who is this woman? His mother? This Emma Swan?" She continued to bombard me with the most annoying questions.

"I would say you know exactly who she is. Now, I really must be going."

As I tried to turn around and leave, she stopped me. "Tell me what you know about her."

"I'm not gonna answer you, dear. So, I suggest you excuse me. Please."

I then took a bite of her rich red apple. It was nice and crispy. And then as I walked out of her yard, I threw the apple behind me. I heard a thud
as the apple landed on the ground.

I know I just blew my identity to her, but in the end, it was worth it.