Chapter Thirty

Liana's POV

We were still at Neverland's Lagoon, I found a stick and began drawing StoryBrooke's location. "That's StoryBrooke?" she questioned.

I nodded my head. "You think you can get there, Ariel?" I asked.

"It's far. I'll have to cross over realms to get there, but yes, I can make it," she replied.

"If all went according to plan, StoryBrooke will be surrounded by a cloaking spell. When you arrive, surface closer to the shore, then you're inside it's bounds," Rumple explained.

"And what would you like me to bring you back?" asked Ariel.

"An object to help us defeat Pan," said Rumple.

"Well, I'm gonna need a little more than that to go on," she said.

Rumple and I locked eyes with each other. Rumple looked back at Ariel. "I'm sorry. Pan has ears everywhere. We can't risk telling you."

"Then how?" she asked.

I sighed and stepped forward. "Find a woman named Belle and give her this," I then tossed her a sand dollar, in which I had a message encrypted on it for my friend. "She'll know what to do."

"Belle. StoryBrooke. Got it. And Eric?" she asked. "Where will I find him in this new world?"

"Well that comes after you've succeeded. Incentives are important. The bracelet will only give you 24 hours," Regina explained.

"How do I know you will uphold your end of the bargain when I'm back?" she asked. I looked over at Regina.

"Guess you'll just have to trust me."

Ariel nodded her head before turning around and diving deep into the ice cold waters that belonged to Neverland.

                                  +++

It's been a long while since Ariel dived into the water again. "Liana, you really believe your friend Belle can succeed?" Regina asked.

I nodded my head. "I do," I replied.

"Are you sure it's not just your faith in your friend blinding you?" Regina asked.

I sighed. "Regina. I believe that she can do it. We've been friends for a long time. She even came to visit me in the hospital when you know—"

"Right. Sorry about that," said Regina.

Then all of the sudden Ariel popped up. "Sorry I'm late. We ran into a few complications."

The three of us approached the shoreline. "Did you get it?" I asked.

I watched as Ariel reached into her small pouch and pulled out Pandora's Box. She then placed it on the shoreline. "Excellent. You fulfilled your end of the bargain." I watched as Ariel took out the bracelet that Regina had originally gave her. Regina waves her hand, placing another spell on the bracelet. "Now you can have legs whenever you want. Or a fin. Whatever Eric's into these days."

"Thank you," said Ariel.

I then looked at Ariel and smiled at her briefly before saying, "When you return to StoryBrooke, seek him out. The rest is up to you."

"Before I go," she started. "Belle wanted me to tell you guys that Pan has a prisoner on the island. A girl named Wendy. Her brother's are back in StoryBrooke. Belle doesn't want to let them down. She wants you guys to make sure Wendy is okay."

Regina shook her head. "All that matters is Henry."

"And now you have a chance to save him. Thanks to me and Belle. So rescuing the girl is the least you can do," said Ariel.

I smiled again. "We'll do our best." Regina gasped in protest and Rumple rolled his eyes at me. "When you return, please tell Belle that she's been a great friend and that I miss her."

Ariel nodded her head and smiled. "Of course, Liana."

I smiled and then watched as the little mermaid dived back down into Neverland's waters once more.

  +++

Regina, Rumple and I were now walking through the Jungle. Rumple was holding Pandora's box that could release all kinds of evil. "You know," started Regina. "Despite our differences, I can always count on you two to get things done... Unlike the rest of them. You were right. They're just a liability."

I pressed my lips together as Rumple asked, "Where are they?"

"Oh," said Regina. "Well, Pan told them that Neal was alive, and of course, Emma took the bait. Such a waste of time. Oh, I'm so sorry," she said, realizing the effect it might have on us.

"No, no, don't be," I said. "He's alive."

"Liana, what?" Regina questioned.

"Pan wasn't lying. My son is here on the island. Liana and I have seen him," said Rumple.

"You two saw him and you... you just parted ways? You guys do realize that he might have a way off the island," said Regina.

I sighed. "Can we please just... worry about the travel plans after we get Henry?" I asked. I really did not want to tell Rumple's secret to Regina, and I don't think Rumple wanted that either so I tried to politely tell her to stop talking about it. But it seems that she didn't get the hint.

"There's something you two aren't telling me," said Regina. "I can see it in your eyes, the look on your faces. What happened when you saw him?" she asked.

"Look," said Rumple. "All you have to know is, the next time I see him, will be when I'm putting Henry in his arms. When father and son are reunited."

I looked at Regina who obviously couldn't believe what he was saying and I then looked at Rumple, pity lingering in my eyes. I grabbed a hold of his free hand, and rubbed my fingers over his knuckles.

We then continued on walking.

                               +++

Ahhh! Sorry for the short chapter! I thought that would be a good place to leave off before I update again tonight :) tell me what you think in the comments, it will motivate me to write again!