Chapter Nineteen

Rumple's POV

I was in the hospital, looking over my Liana.... Oh my sweet Liana... that pirate is going to pay for what he's done... I then walk up to her and decided to kiss her, hoping that true love's kiss would help her remember.

I then removed myself from her, watching as she awoke. Was she going to remember? Please remember...

But then as soon as she opened her eyes, she screamed. "No, no, no, no, no," I said. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry."

I then stepped out. And I walked down the stairs to see the charming family along with Ruby, Belle and Dr. Whale.

Dr. Whale approached me. "Gold. You fixed me. Now fix him. It will take you seconds and cost you nothing."

"No," I said, looking at Whale.

"No. Just no?"

I turned around to face him again. "I owe you nothing, Whale. I owe none of you anything. And some of you owe me. So yeah, just no. Oh and point of interest, the driver, he saw me throwing some magic. So instead of trying to get him out of here, you better be hoping he does, because if he doesn't, he's going to be driving your busses up and down Main Street. So glad I don't give a damn."

+++

I was back in the shop after having left the hospital. A million thoughts kept running through my head about Liana. Why hadn't the kiss worked? Did she not love me the same as I love her? Does she not love me at all? Or is it just because she doesn't remember her feelings for me?

I sighed as I stood behind my counter and took out her chipped cup. "My darling Liana," I whimpered.

Then all of the sudden I thought I heard something... someone. I quickly put the cup away, and I walked over to the door. I looked outside the window but no one was there. Odd. I then turned around and saw a box on the counter that was not there before. I walked up to it. "Hello, Rumple."

I gasped and turned around. It was Cora. "Well, I expected this was just a matter of time. I had hoped you were dead, but, hey, disappointments just part of life. I'm sure we can agree on that."

"Aw, the crocodile snaps at the little bird," said Cora. "And after I brought you a gift."

"Yeah, did you bring the antidote, too?" I asked.

"Oh, Rumple, it's a peace offering," she said.

"And what do you want for this peace offering?"

"My daughter," she replied. "You were so clever to get her to lay the curse so you could come here. But you don't need her anymore. Let me try to get her back, and let us live."

I smiled. "And what do I get for my troubles?"

"Your son," she said.

I furrowed my eyebrows and she glanced at the gift she brought me. I opened up the box and I couldn't believe what I saw. "You know what that is, of course," said Cora.

"It will find him. If this one truly is it." I turned around to face her again.

She chuckled. "Oh, darling, I have no reason to cheat you."

"Anymore," I said, remembering when Cora broke my heart.

"I want you to find the one person in this universe who might still love you," she said. I then looked at the gift. "After all, I'm doing the same thing."

"Do you have any spells to return memories?" I asked, not even knowing why I asked her. Why would she?

"I only know what you taught me," she sighed. "Master. So will you accept my offer of a truce?" she asked, approaching me.