Chapter Fifty

PRESENT DAY. STORYBROOKE GENERAL HOSPITAL.

Liana's POV.

I was at the hospital with Robin and his merry men, waiting for the witch to come. We were here protecting Snow and her new baby.

Robin kneeled down. "Steady, men," he said. "Steady." My eyes widened as they all took aim, as Zelena came into the lobby with Rumple who looked as glum as ever. "Aim true. For Little John."

I gulped as Zelena knocked all of the merry men out with a spell. As anger boiled within me, icicles started to grow out of my fingernails. I gritted my teeth and approached Zelena. "Didn't you learn your lesson the last time?"

"I was afraid of you then," I admit. "But I'm not afraid of you now. That's why I couldn't use these," I said, showing her my icicles.

Zelena chuckled and then showed me Rumple's dagger. My heart skipped a beat. "This is more powerful than your true love with this imp."

"I refuse to believe that," I said. "And don't call him an imp. If anything that's what you are," I spat.

"Liana, go," said Rumple, making eye contact with me.

"Listen to him, dear. You're weak. You can't hurt me with those icicles," she chuckled.

"Watch me," I said, getting closer to her.

"Liana," Rumple said, as I used my icicles and scratched her face. The sound was piercing-piercing like chalk on a chalk board.

Zelena's face began to bleed. She stared at me and before I could attack her again, she put me to sleep.

I could feel my body collapse, each of my joints becoming weaker. My icicles became apart of my skin once again, and my eyes shut close.

I thought I was going to hit the floor, but I felt a pair of strong arms catch me. It was Rumple. I could still hear everything that was going on around me.

"Love, I thought I told you to leave," he whispered. "You can't keep putting yourself in harms way for me."

"Your taste in women really has gone downhill," stated Zelena. "Leave her, dearie. Chop-chop!"

Rumple placed me down on the ground gently, and then the spell was in full affect. I was asleep.

                                +++

A few hours later, I had awoken from the sleeping spell that Zelena had cast on me. I made my way back to the shop as I knew the others would take care of Zelena.

I stood behind the counter, staring out the window when I jumped at the sound of the door bells ringing.

My eyes widened when I saw him. It was Rumple. "Rumple," I said, moving out from behind the counter, and approaching him. "I knew you'd be back," I smiled.

"Your unswerving faith constantly astounds me, Liana. After everything I did," he replied.

"It wasn't you, it was Zelena," I replied.

"It wasn't always Zelena. I will never comprehend why you continue to stand by my side."

I sighed. "You know the answer to that. We are both lost souls trying to find our way in the world, after following different paths of darkness. And... I love you, always have," I said. Rumple looked at me with such warmth.

I cleared my throat, and took Rumple's dagger out of my bag. "How did you get that?" he asked.

"Regina gave it to me," I said. "To make amends. And also, because she knew I wouldn't abuse it's power." I hand Rumple his dagger back. "I want you to have it."

"Why?" he questioned.

"Because, I believe in you. It's yours... You're... you're a free man now. Just promise me one thin: Promise me, you won't go after Zelena. I know you're better than that. We both are, because trust me, I'd want to go after Zelena too for what she did to you and Neal."

"Oh Liana," he said, taking his dagger from my hands. I watched as he twisted it three times in his hands, feeling it again. "What you're giving me is more than I could ever give you. But I will try. This? This is trust. It means you trust me with all your heart."

"I do," I smiled, moving a piece of hair out of his face.

"And I shall trust you with mine," he replied. I watched as Rumple put it back into his pocket and took out something else instead.

I narrowed my eyes. "What's going on?" I asked.

Rumple smiled at me as he got down on one knee. My eyes widened as he opened a small red velvet box with a ring inside. My heart rate started to pick up.

The ring looked like it was made out of titanium, and around it, snow flakes were engraved into it. It was beautiful.

"Will you marry me?" he asked.

I grinned. "Yes! Yes! Of course, yes!" I chuckled.

Rumple chuckled too as he placed the ring on my finger. Rumple stood up, and I leaned in to kiss him. He kissed me back. "I-love-you-so-much-Li," he said in between kisses.

"I love you too," I replied, kissing him back, and then kissing him on his temple.

I then looked down at the ring, and noticed it was glowing blue. "Do you see that or is it just me?"

Rumple only smiled, and showed me his ring that was also glowing. "What I've suspected is true."

I narrowed my eyes. "We're soulmates. The rings are enchanted. If you both wear them, it will glow blue telling you that you are soulmates, and if you are not it will glow a white light."

I smiled, and wrapped my arms around him, his nose in the crook of my neck. This moment was beautiful and I wanted it to last forever.