Chapter 21: Tobiroppo

The darkened sky over Lake Mizumi was visible from the red-light district of the Flower Capital. Kozuki Hiyori, the most beautiful woman in Wano, was watching the dark cloud with purple lightning around it as she seemed worried before being called out by a servant who was terrified about the cloud over Onogoro island.

Servant: Miss Komurasaki, do you know what's happening over there?

Hiyori: I don't know.

Servant: Honestly, I've never seen something like that before. I hope nothing bad happens at the lake...

Hiyori: I'm sure (Y/N) went to investigate to learn more about this phenomenon, please don't take any risks.

At the same time, a frightening umbrella-shaped creature with one eye, arms, and a single leg was in front of a big red stele with strange indecipherable characters inscribed on the Poneglyph in the basement of Wano Castle. The monster copied the characters of the stele on a huge parchment given by its friend, who had entrusted it the task of making a copy of the Poneglyh because he would need it one day.

???: I have to finish quickly copying this Road Poneglyph and give it to (Y/N)...

Lake Mizumi

The monster's hand, cut by the powerful attack of the samurai turned into dust, but it began to regenerate as the giant roared in anger at the warrior. It took a breath before sending a powerful beam of energy toward its target, causing an explosion with gusts of wind hitting the area.

Seeing that its enemies were annihilated by the attack, the creature let out a roar, but its celebration was interrupted by a shower of air blades that its entire body. Fortunately, Kaze D. (Y/N), a samurai now a new pirate who had narrowly dodged the attack, was in the air carrying Ulti in his arms, she couldn't believe that she was floating in the air before the warrior suddenly landed on the earth as the woman pushed him away to this surprise.

Ulti: How did you do that? Is this the power of a devil fruit?

(Y/N): This girl, I recognize her. She's one of Kaido's Tobiroppo, but why did I save her life?

Ulti: Hey you bastard, are you deaf? Who are you, and where did you come from?

(Y/N): I don't know what she's doing here, but maybe I should eliminate her, she's an enemy.

Ulti: When I talk to you, you have to give me an answer, you idiot! She shouted angrily before kicking the ground. She suddenly leapt with rage towards the young man who was on guard with his arm enveloped in Haki before they were interrupted by the monster's roar.

(Y/N): The Yokai, I forgot about it. He turned his attention to the huge creature as Ulti landed on the ground and glanced at the monster.

Ulti: Hey idiot, you said it was a Yokai. What do you mean? What do you know about this monster?

(Y/N): Before I answer your question, I want to know where that monster came from.

Ulti: That huge bastard was a foolish idiot who dared to attack Kaido, but he was quickly defeated before being imprisoned in Onigashima. He had escaped so I chased him to that place, but that idiot did something strange.

(Y/N): ...

Ulti: He turned into that horrible creature thanks to a necklace, I swear he's a coward, he needed to cheat to become stronger, but I'm still going to crush him.

(Y/N): I see, a Yokai was sealed inside the necklace, but an artefact with a Yokai in it should belong to my clan, so how did he get it? That man is currently possessed by a Yokai, a kind of spirit living in Wano, but humans are unable to see them unless they decide to reveal themselves to people.