Chapter 24: A New Adventure

A few years ago

A young boy slowly opened his eyes struck by the soft sunlight that illuminated his blue eyes as he complained about the pain that he felt before noticing a wooden ceiling. The boy sat up and saw that he was in a futon inside a large room as he observed all around him and seemed lost, because he did not recognise this place.

He was surprised by a woman who entered the room accompanied by a boy who was younger than him. The woman's face was familiar to him, and he mistook her for someone he knew before the woman approached with the boy.

???: Who are you and where am I? He asked with confusion as he felt lost.

???: I see you are awake, I am happy. We found you near here while you were unconscious so we brought you here. I'm Kozuki Toki, and this is my son Momonosuke. She said as she introduced her child to the boy.

???: Pleased to meet you, I am Kozuki Momonosuke, the heir of my clan. The boy's eyes widened with tears flowing to the surprise of the mother and her son who were worried about the boy.

Toki: What's wrong?

???: No, I'm fine... I'm just a little tired, but thanks for rescuing me, I'm Mirai...

Toki: That's a pretty name, but may I ask what you were doing in the forest alone, you could have died if we didn't find you.

Mirai: I... I don't know... I walked aimlessly and ended up losing consciousness because of fatigue.

Toki: But why were you alone? Your parents must be really worried about you.

Mirai: I don't have anyone... My family, my parents and even my aunt who took care of me. I lost everything I loved and I don't have a home anymore, I'm just alone... He said, clenching his fist in frustration with tears falling from his eyes.

Toki: I'm sorry... It must be hard to lose everything you love...

Momonosuke: ...

Mirai: I lost everyone I loved because of someone, that murderer killed my whole family.

Toki: A murderer? She exclaimed with surprise.

Mirai: His name is Kaze D... Before he could finish speaking, he was suddenly interrupted by the young Momonosuke.

Momonosuke: Father, don't know anyone with that name?

Mirai: What?

Toki: You mean Kaze D. Sora? He's a friend of my husband and he lived with his wife Kaguya, and his son Tsuki until his wife died. He didn't think he was able to raise his son so he decided to entrust him to his cousin who accepted to take care of him. If I'm not mistaken, she gave him a new name, I think he's now called Kaze D. (Y/N).

Mirai: ... He frowned to Toki's confusion.

Toki: What's wrong with you?

Mirai: I'm fine, don't worry... I don't know the name of the murderer, but thank you for the information.

Toki: I will ask my husband for more information about this family. Anyway, since you have nowhere to go, would you stay here? It would be nice for my son to have a friend, and even Oden could help you with this story. Of course, it's your decision.

Mirai: Are you sure? I'm just a stranger to you.

Toki: I have the impression that we can trust you, and there's no reason not to help someone. What do you think, you are welcome here.

Mirai: You're so kind... I think I'll accept. He said with a smile on his face.

Nowadays