Chapter 19

**Warning - There are explanations of sexual assault in this chapter.**

Quiet whispering wakes me from a death-like sleep. Blinking my eyes open, I see a woman pushing a cart into the room and quickly backing out. Ronan is inspecting the contents of the cart, a pair of pants hanging low on his hips.

When I move to sit up a shockwave of pain radiates from my aching, swollen sex.

"Nicole?" His voice is soft and full of concern.

I groan and roll over, covering my face in the blanket. "It's fine, I'm fine."

The bed dips and his body slides under the blanket next to mine.

"You are not fine," his hands gently scoop me up, pulling me so that I'm curled into him.

"Just sore... I'm fine..." my nose nuzzles into his neck.

His fingers slide down my waist to my hip, squeezing the skin there. My body hurts, my mind is racing and my skin tingles under his touch.

"Let me see," he suddenly says and I nearly choke.

"See what?"

He's already sitting up, pulling the blankets down.

"Oh my god... Ronan," I shriek, trying to grab the fabric that has slipped past my stomach.

His eyes move down my body and I feel flushed. I have a million questions about last night and my body feels like it's been ripped to shreds and then put back together with tape. Everything hurts, my arms and legs feel wobbly and the muscles I haven't used in almost three hundred years are aching.

"Ronan, I can't-" I start to protest. The memory of his body on mine, the sounds he makes, the look on his face... my bodys biological reaction is going to get me killed.

"I will not enter you," his voice is tight as he studies me with intensely furrowed brows and a deep frown.

"O-Oh ok..." I don't know why I sound disappointed.

"Are you hurt?" His voice carries an irritation that catches me off guard. Is he mad at me?

"Um, it's sore..."

"I hurt you..." His voice is still clipped but the anger isn't directed at me.

"Not hurt... I just... I'm sore. It aches, like an overworked muscle. You didn't do anything that I didn't want..." I force myself not to wince as I sit up beside him. My fingers slip into his hair and his chest rumbles. He's like a cat purring.

"I dreamt of your body last night," he groans before pressing his face into my neck. "I have never known such pleasure as what you gave me."

Probably because my body wasn't designed to handle the battering ram hanging between his legs...

"Let me fix the pain I have caused," his lips kiss down my throat as I release a whimpering sigh.

"Fix it how?"

"Open your legs," the authority in his voice makes my stomach clench. A fluttery tremble shakes beneath my skin, anxiousness, and excitement making me dizzy. He slides off the bed and I nearly choke. He's on his knees as he takes my legs carefully, pulling me toward the edge. Slowly, methodically, he places my thighs on his broad shoulders so that I'm completely surrounding him.

I can feel his breath against my swollen, ravaged skin. Oh, god, my poor vagina.

A soft, sweeping motion against the sore opening makes me gasp. His warm tongue spreads me open with such tender care that my eyes flutter involuntarily.