Vampire

This was requested by ReactionReflection, and Alexa1969349! Guys, I know this pic is from a show called, "Castlevania", but I've never seen it, so I have no idea how this character acts. It probably won't be the same though. Either way, I don't own the character, just the story idea! Enjoy!

Of all the stupid ideas, going hunting for vampires takes the cake. It was one thing to claim that vampires were real, it's another to go hunting for one actively. Especially for, the king of vampires no less. Thanks to a certain reward to bring one in, you're being forced to do this by your parents. Not your idea of fun. No, you could be at home, content without being in the woods at 5 in the morning.

 Feeling the wind shift, you caught a faint smell of blood. Terrified, you stopped and grabbed your sword. Behind you, there was an animalistic sound, that you turned to. There was barely enough time for you to block the sword swinging at you. An annoyed Dracula glaring at you.

"You wandered into the wrongs neck of my woods, human." he growled with fangs baring at you, "Did you come to collect the bounty on my head?"

Glancing at his sword for a second, you looked back up at him. His eyes were glowing red. You've heard various stories about what happens when his eyes glow red. Some say that he's trying to use powers to manipulate you, others say it's just a way to see that he wants to drink your blood. Neither of those options sounds good to you though. Watching him back away, you still stayed alert.

"Look, it was an honest mistake. I didn't even want to be out here at this time. I was forced to. I didn't even believe that you were real." You pointed out, flinching when his eyes seemed to glow brighter.

"Well, do you believe now?" He seemed to chuckle as if your fear amused him, "I can tell your telling the truth, so I'll give you a chance. If you can fight me and win, I'll let you go."

"If I lose?" You questioned, not sure if you actually wanted to know the answer.

He only smirked at you. His fang seeming to gleam in the moonlight, telling you the answer. The thought of becoming a late-night snack for a vampire doesn't exactly excite you. You doubt you'll get a choice though. Gripping your sword tighter, you nodded.

"Ready, set." He didn't even say go before he swung his sword at you.

Yelping, you jumped back.  If you can, somehow, trick him out of the forest at sunrise, you know you'll win. It's worth a shot. Taking a swing at him, you weren't surprised that he dodged it. He backed up though. Now if you can get him to keep doing that about a thousand times, you'll be good.

It felt like it went on for a long time like that. Exchanging blows and blocks with him. You managed to make a lot of progress. What surprised you was that it felt like he wasn't using any of his supernatural powers he was believed to have. Taking another strike at him, you couldn't help the small smile as you managed to graze him.

"Not bad for a human" He hummed, almost as if he was enjoying this fight.

"Can't say the same for you, Prince." You taunted, noticing him raise an eyebrow at you, "For a vampire, I was expecting a lot more or are the stories just that? Stories?"

"So, you want to see power? Fine." He growled, before lunging at you.

Managing to block his sword, you yelped as his strength pushed you back into a tree. Your sword trapped over your head, so you were pinned. He's actually got you. Trying not to gasp in fear, you could see his triumphant smirk.

"Powerful enough for you, human?" He's chuckle was deep, which you had to admit was more attractive than it should have been.

"Okay, so you were fighting at a human level." You scoffed, trying not to roll your eyes, "Think we could have a fair fight now?"