Deity

This was asked for by Cookies_4nd_tea! I hope it's close to what you wanted! Thank you and enjoy!

"(Y/N), we caught something!" Looking up at the excited cheer of your boss, you frowned at him.

He has said that at least three times before. The first time, it was a figure the local tribe made to scare birds from their crops. The second time, it was just a statue that he swore moved. The last time, it was just the native tribe of the island making fun of him. They sewed a dead monkey onto a smoked-out fish. It's starting to be a pain to answer to him. He's supposed to be a top-notch scientist for Pete's sake.

"I know what you're thinking." He answered motioning for you to follow him, "I swear though. This is the real deal. It's like nothing we've ever seen before."

Sighing, you grabbed your clipboard and left your office with him. Some of your lower ranking co-workers, snickering as you went. They know your boss has almost lost his mind. You know they're happy they don't have to take direct orders from him. Scanning your badge at the elevator, you watched him press the button that takes you to the fourth floor. This floor is strictly left for important personnel. Meaning you, your boss, your co-worker Chase, and two guards.

Nodding to the guards, you stepped into the office before a large window. Setting your clipboard down, you sighed as you sat down.

"Alright, let's see this big discovery." Raising an eyebrow at his smirk, you watched him flip the light on to the containment room.

Your eyes widened and you gasped when you saw the creature chained to the far wall. Its head was hanging with what looked like white hair hiding its face. Its human like arms were being held apart so you could see it had something like black claws. Your boss was right about it being something never seen before. Standing from you seat, you went into the room. Never taking your eyes off it, though it didn't react when you entered. Crouching down when you were close enough to touch it, you blinked in amazement and the blue glowing horns on its head. Hesitantly reaching out to touch them, you yelped and fell back when it suddenly looked up at you with a glare. The muzzle covering half of its face.

"See!" Your boss laughed patting your shoulder, "The discovery of the century and you get to be the one to report it. Have fun."

Blinking at the creature then your boss, you ran after him, "Sir, I don't even know where to begin!"

_ 1 week later_

Sighing as you held the treys of food, you went into the room. You had taken blood tests and tested his vitals. He's only said a few words that you don't understand. Since he was found on the island though, you suspect he doesn't understand your language either. You've tried to learn a little about him through his behavior, which isn't much. The most you've learned is that he doesn't trust the food and he has a tendency to want to bite with canine teeth. 

Setting the trey down before him, you took a bite for each item to show him it was safe. He seemed satisfied with that as he started to eat. Sitting with your own food, you started to eat. Wondering how to progress from here. You really don't want to start any physical tests until you're sure he won't attack you. Glancing at him, you saw that he was watching you again. Deciding to try something, you pointed to yourself.

"(Y/N)" You spoke carefully, before motioning to him.

He frowned as if trying figure out what you were meaning, before he copied you, "Aspen."

Feeling a surge of excitement, you grinned, "You actually spoke. You said my name. This is great."

He watched you as if he was thinking about something. You know he doesn't understand, but this is huge to you. He can speak, meaning he's able to learn. If you could teach him your language, you might be able to hold conversations with him. Ask him questions and find out more about him.