Yandere Dragon

This was requested by candy_lover405! Thank you for the request and enjoy!

Frowning as the carriage nearly bounced you out of your seat, you tried not to curse at the driver. It wasn't his fault that the dragon pass road was hard, but he could try to be a little gentle. Though you most likely wouldn't

"Your Highness, are you okay in there?" Opening the curtains, you sighed at the guard, Helios.

"Yes." You pointed out, earning a scoff from him.

"You don't look okay." His face then turned serious, "We're approaching the Dragon's territory. I ask that you be prepared for an attack."

Rolling your eyes at that, you shook your head. Your sibling was supposed to marry the dragon king. They should have been the ones in this carriage; however, they went into hiding. Your father asked you to be sent in their place until they are found. Once they are, you two are to trade places and you go back to your life. Back in your room, garden, and the royal library. 

Yelping as the carriage lurched, you groaned when you fell to the floor. Outside, you could hear guards yelling at metal clashing. An ambush just as Helios predicted. Wincing as the door opened, you relaxed slightly when you saw Helios's armor. Being the leader on this trip he has a little more badge on it than the others.

"Your highness, it's the dragons, but we also have traitor among us." He called, grabbing your arm and pulling you out. Without question, you followed him. Dodging out of the way when other fighters would get to close. He pulled you too the forest and away from the carriage. However, some of the others followed you.

"Are those the traitors?" You asked, trying to keep up with him. When he glanced back, he glared at them in annoyance.

"They are." He growled, pulling you to go faster, though you felt like you were already going to trip over things. Reaching a clearing, you yelped as he suddenly stopped. Crouching down behind a fallen tree and pulling you with him.

"Stay here and wait for me." He ordered letting you go, but you quickly grabbed his arm, too afraid to be left alone. You can't fight and he's the only one that you trust around.

"Please don't." You whimpered. He looked around like he was impatient to leave. Almost like he was getting annoyed. 

"(Y/N)," he growled almost angerly so you closed your eyes to brace for the lecture. Instead, though, you blinked them open when you felt him kissing you. A strong kiss that left you absolutely speechless.

"Stay." he ordered again, then ran off before you could process what had happened. By the time you realized that he did, you could hear the traitors approaching, so you crawled under the tree. Keeping still and praying they couldn't hear your breathing as they ran past you.

"He's got (Y/N), hurry." One of them screamed as they seemed to quicken their pace. You waited for what felt like a long time before you crawled out. Letting out a breath, as your mind wandered back to the kiss. You rarely approach Helios, so you didn't expect him to kiss you. You didn't really hate it though. If there was a chance, you would probably want him to kiss you again.

Tensing at the growl, you turned to see a large green dragon watching you. He was so large that you figured he must be the Dragon King.

"Found you." He growled, definitely the king. Now terrified, you scrambled to your feet and ran. You know you should go with him willingly, but having to be with a dragon who towers over you scares you. It was easy to tell that he was chasing you, because the ground shook and you could hear some trees shake as he ran. Reaching a clearing, you hid behind a tree. If he sees that you're not in the clearing, then maybe he'll leave and you can go back to wait for Helios. 

Trying to calm your racing heart, you froze when you heard the sound of screaming men. Directing your attention to the noise, you wanted to whimper at the sight. A large group of soldiers with your kingdom's armor on, were being set on fire. Those who weren't completely aflame, were trying to throw spears or arrows at their attacker. 

Their attacker being Helios, though he didn't look like the Helios you knew. He now had red wings that he used for flying, red dragon horns that seemed to glow, and red dragon claws. He was spewing fire from his mouth, telling you that he was a dragon. When the last screaming soldier died, he landed then headed towards the forest. Pausing when he saw you, which is when he glared at you with annoyance. He's going to kill you next.

"Got you." Gasping as the tree behind you was ripped from the ground, you glanced at the green dragon, before deciding to take a risk and run. It might be stupid, but it's better than staying in one place and being captured. Sprinting away from them, you tried to stay close to the tree line. You barely got a couple yards away before a large claw was slapped around you. Trapping you to the ground. There was enough room to roll over to your back, but you couldn't get away.

"I told you to say, Your Highness." The red dragon growled with Helios's voice. Looking between him and the green dragon, you almost whimpered at how the red dragon easily made the green dragon look like a young one. The green dragon was barely to his shoulders.

"Terai, next time stay with the group." Helios snapped, making the green dragon cower back.

"Yes, my king." He bowed before slinking back to the forest. Did he just say Helios is the Dragon king? Horrified, you could only look up at the dragon that stared back at you. Helios has been in your kingdom's army for years. He was able to achieve the rank of Captain and he was one of the most trusted guards. It almost seems unreal that he's the dragon king, but here he is in his true form. The reminder that he kissed you not that long ago flashed in your mind, making tears swell in your eyes.

"Why?" You couldn't stop the whimper in your voice. It was the only thing you could think to say.

"For you." He huffed, "I told your father that you were going to be mine, one way or another. He could either hand you over peacefully or I would burn his whole kingdom to the ground and take you for myself. He chose the one with less death."

"What? No, you wanted my sibling. I was only supposed to be a temporary decoy." You objected, feeling like crying. You prayed that your father hadn't lied to you.

"Is that what he said?" He laughed, harshly, but his laugh made it feel like the world was shaking, "That's genius, but you're wrong. I was after you the whole time. A plan like that wouldn't have worked on me anyway. I've studied you and know even the tiniest detail of you. You are going to be my mate, that it's only natural I would be able to tell you apart from an imposter."

Feeling a small surge of courage, you almost felt sick at the thought of speaking up, but you had to do this.

"I'll just run away." You almost stammered, but that earned a chuckle from him as he moved a large talon and pressed it against your throat. It wasn't hard, but it was enough for you to have to gasp for breath.

"Then every man, woman, child, and person you love in your kingdom will die." He hissed, "Do not play with me little royal. If I can take the heart of the forest from the Faires with a threat, then I can easily take a royal human. There is no escape from me. I've wanted to have you as a mate for years and nothing is going to stop me, so be good and learn to obey orders."