Cupid

"Thank you and come again." You waved to the witch, who was leaving with her ingredients.

Putting away the poisons, dragon scales and mermaid tears you peeked around the shelf when you heard the bell to the shop ring. A little satyr was looking around nervously, a new customer. Your boss would be happy if you could get a new regular customer.

"I'll be there in a minute." You called, locking up the poisons.

Sniffing the air, you frowned when you smelt roses. Of course, it's not a real customer. Trying to suppress a sigh, you forced yourself to smile. Moving back towards the desk where the satyr was waiting. You could see a faint pink glow on his back.

"What can I help you with, sir?"  You asked, noticing that his face turned red as he looked down.

"I..I um... I. Mermaid scales." He coughed, making you raise an eyebrow at him, "I..I would like some mermaid scales...please."

"Sure." You chuckled, glancing around cautiously as you lead him to the shelf, "Are you okay? You seem bothered by something."

"N...no." He stuttered again.

"Well, let me know if you need any help." You explained, motioning to the jars of different colored scales.

You were about to leave him, when you heard the snap of a bow string being released behind you. Swirling around, you grabbed the pink arrow before it could hit you. Smirking as you looked up at the blonde at the end of the aisle.

"When will you give up, Cupid." You scoffed, moving to the satyr who looked stunned.

"You can't run from love, (Y/N)." Cupid chuckled, "I like this little game of ours, but I want to see you actually in love with someone."

Rolling your eyes, you put a reassuring hand on the saytr's back before grabbing the air around the pink glow on his back. Your fingers wrapping around another pink arrow that you pulled. The satyr looked at you and Cupid then at the store as if he just woke up from sleep walking.

"Did you really want mermaid scales?" You asked, as the satyr looked down while shaking his head.

"I'm sorry for bothering you." He quickly apologized before leaving the store.

"Really, Cupid? A satyr?" You sighed, handing him his arrows back.

"Some of them are good." He defended, as you went back to your desk. 

He sat on it, with his wings spread out behind him. You meet him three years ago at a party where you became friends. He became obsessed with making you fall in love for the last two years. Trying to hit you with his arrows or set you up on blind dates. The thing is though, you've been in love with him for a while. He's always there when you need him, he's funny, and you see him nearly every other day. He's a god of love though. You're not sure he can fall in love if he makes others fall in love. You decided a while ago that it would be best to keep your feelings a secret. However, it's getting harder to do that every time you see him.

"(Y/N)." Blinking as he snapped his finger in your face, you offered him a smile, "You've been spacing out a lot."

"Just thinking." You sighed, scooting your chair back a little as he laid on the desk with a smirk at you.

"Is it finally about a certain someone?" He teased, making you roll your eyes, "Oh my gosh, it is! Who is it? Do I know him?"

"Has anyone told you that you act like an overly supportive gay best friend?" You laughed, as he sat up and turned to you.

"Many times. Now tell me." He demanded, as you looked around him to see your coworker come in to take over for you.

"Thanks, Malcov for taking the night shift." You thanked, giving the fairy a wave as you left the store.

Cupid following, determinedly, behind you, "(Y/N), just let me hit him with one arrow. You'll be irresistible to him." 

"I don't think your arrow will work on him." You sighed, giving him a small smile.

"That's impossible. My arrows affect everyone." He huffed, before turning serious, "(Y/N), I mean it. You deserve to be happy with anyone. I don't like that sad smile you give when you think you don't deserve something or that you think something won't work."

"It really won't work." You grumbled, reaching your apartment.

You were about to go in, until he blocked your way. Even spreading his wings so there was no way to go around him.

"Really?" You chuckled, "You plan to stay there all night until I tell you?"

"If that's what it takes for you to finally get someone you deserve then yes." He nodded, giving you a stubborn look that you're all too familiar with.

"Oh my, fine." You nearly yelled, before grabbing his shirt and pulling him down into a kiss.

It was only when you pulled away did you realize what you had done. He looked stunned, even his wings fell limp. Moving around him, you went inside, practically sprinting to your apartment. You just ruined the relationship you had with your best friend. He's never going to want to talk to you again. Well, you were wanting a job from him. Maybe you can just stay inside forever and not talk to anyone until you get over your embarrassment. 

Taking some deep breaths to calm down you went to watch some T.V. to take your mind off the kiss. That didn't work though when you saw Cupid landing on your balcony. Fury on his face like you've never seen before. What's worse it that you never lock the balcony doors, since you live on the fourth floor.

"You don't do that." He growled, entering your apartment, "You don't leave a god of love speechless with a kiss."

"I..I had to." You defended, trying not to flinch as he reached the kitchen, "You wouldn't let me in my apartment."

"You ran after kiss me." He argued moving around the table to get to you, "Even my mother doesn't do that."

"Well, yeah, I got nothing for that." You agreed, moving so you were on the other side of the table from him.

You couldn't help but scream, as he used his wings to lung at you over the table. Making a run for the living room, you yelped as you tripped over you carpet onto the couch. When you looked up, he was towering over you.

"Look, we both did some stupid stuff." You attempted to reason, "You tried to set me up with a satyr and I kissed you. Let's let by gone be by gone?"

"You didn't wait for me to realize what you did." He huffed, pinning your shoulders to the couch, "Don't ever run from someone after they kiss you."

"Yep, I'll remember that next time." You nodded quickly.

"Good." He then kissed you, "You stay around them like this."

"Y..you kissed me?" You gasped, as he sat by you.

"I did." He wrapped an arm around your shoulders, "You should have told me you loved me. I would have told you I loved you too. I could have come up with a whole romantic scene. Flowers falling around us, by standers crying in joy, flying away with you in my arms."

"You are definitely the god of love." You laughed leaning against him, "Or we can go on a dinner date tomorrow?"

"Sure." He chuckled, kissing you head.

Now comfortable, you frowned at one question you have.

"Hey, when you said your arrows affect anyone who is hit by it, does that include you."

He was quiet for a little while, before letting you go, "Good question. Let's try it."