Chapter 34 - you must like her very much

Rose, Finn, and I had shifted in our wolfs and were running towards the ranch

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Rose, Finn, and I had shifted in our wolfs and were running towards the ranch. 30 minutes later we crossed our border and ran through neutral grounds. 10 minutes later we saw the ranch in front of us. We shifted back and put our clothes back on. We had a meeting today with the owner.

"Simon, nice to meet you." I shook his hand.

"You too King John. Isn't Flo with you?" he asked.

"No, she is still visiting another pack."

"Tell her to visit me."

"I will."

We all took a seat. "So, with what can I help you?" Simon asked us.

"We all liked the idea to use the horses."

He nodded "you want to buy my ranch?"

"It crossed my mind, but now that I have met you I want to ask you if you are interested to become a part of our pack?" I asked him.

"Why? I am not like you guys." He muttered.

"Not anymore." I took a risk, but I was almost certain that Simon was like us but that he lost his wolf.

He stood up and looked out the window, he sighed "I was, a long time ago. I'm just human now."

"But you were like us. It's not because you lost your wolf that you can't be a part of a pack anymore."

"Yeah, I was, but that's a long time ago."

"Do you miss it, the packlife I mean." Rose asked him.

"I miss being part of group. I miss running around in my wolf, that's why I started the ranch."

"My mate is human. You wouldn't be the only one without a wolf." Finn told him.

"I know, but it's different. She never had one."

"Can you tell us why you lost him?"

"Yeah, 15 years ago, I was just 21 years old. I hadn't found my mate in my pack. So, when my Alpha asked me to accompany him to one off our neighboring packs I accepted. The Alpha's son had found his mate and there was a party for some of their friends. My wolf was nervous once we came closer to their packhouse, and the scent... I will never forget the scent. Mint and chocolate, my wolf was howling in my head, calling for his mate. My Alpha figured out what was going on and told me to go look for her. When I found my mate, I was surprised to see that my mate was a man. It never crossed my mind that that was a possibility. But the moon goddess had picked him out, so I didn't care. But his parents did. They forced me to reject him, he was after all the future Beta and a Beta couldn't be gay they said."

"He let his parents decide?" Finn looked surprised.

"Yes, he just stood there. He didn't defend me, he said nothing."

"Why couldn't he reject you?" Rose asked.

"His parents refused to. He was the Beta and needed his wolf."