Chapter 1 - she can keep my bed warm

flashback - 8 years ago – 02 July 2021

I woke up feeling excited, because today was my 16th birthday, and tonight I would finally shift for the first time in my wolf!

My wolf Nayla was with me since birth. She started speaking to me when I was 8.5 years. We had a good connection, she was my best friend, and I couldn't wait to see her tonight for the first time.

I had a lovely day with my family, I hadn't a lot of friends, mainly because I was mostly befriend with my brother and Jayden, our future Beta and Alpha... Most girls and even boys became my friend because they wanted to be closer to them. In the end I stopped trying to make friends.
At least I have Jack and Jayden.

Around 6pm I felt the first signs that my shift was coming closer. I felt Nayla pressing harder and harder to come out. Jack and Jayden were beside me and helped me go through the whole shifting process. It hurt like a bitch; you'll understand when every bone in your body breaks in strange directions. But in the end, it was so worth it.

Nayla was a beautiful wolf. She was big, a real beta. Her fur was white, gray, and black with my bright blue eyes.

Jack and Jayden were smiling at me. Jayden petted my fur and told me how beautiful I was. Looking in his eyes I felt a connection and I really hoped that he would be my mate. He was already 19 and hadn't found his mate. But I would only know that when I turned 18.

Jack and Jayden shifted also in their wolves. Jayden was the largest of the 3 of us. His wolf Tane was dark gray, almost black since he is the future Alpha, my brother was a bit smaller but still big, and resembled my wolf.

My parents stayed behind while I went on a run with both of them. I still remember the feeling of being that free. Feeling the wind through my fur, playing with Jayden and Jack.

Around 9pm they were called back; Alpha Roberto of The Yellow stone pack was visiting. He lost his mate and son  in a rouge attack and he was suffering hard, he changed a lot.
Our pack and his were allies and he was a good friend of my parents.

Around 10:30pm I finally came back; I was tired from my first shift and running that long. Shifting back I put on a shirt that lay on the edge of the forest, before I went back into the pack house. I pulled my long black hair in a ponytail and walked towards my room, but I never got there.

Alpha Roberto was sitting in the kitchen sipping a whiskey and looked so sad that I walked towards him. Before he lost his wife and son, I liked him. He played with me when I was little, and I loved his wife and son. Loosing your mate and pup is hard for a wolf... not many survive that.

I still regret the decision to walk up to him, because that night my whole life changed. Alpha Roberto had drank a lot more than I thought.

When I asked him how he was he looked at me with lust and hunger.